Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring second set of rev 10's on z3

Hey guys,

I have ordered and received the parts to add a second set of rev 10's with led rings. I will be removing the syn4 and replacing it with an sd2 as per mikes recommendations.

I popped the rubber cap on the tower where the second set will be mounted and there was a red and black wire glued to the cap. I assume I have to run more wires as there should be 2 doe the speaker and 2 for the led rings ??

Any help/input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

The tower should be wired for 2 pair of speakers, but probably not for LED rings, but maybe rear facing tower lights. That 2nd set of speaker wires may not be run all the way to the amp. Odd are, they are bundled up behind the coaming pads below the tower. You would need to fish them and extend them to the amp. Thats what I would expect.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I just finished tracing all of the wiring on my RZ2 tower. Now, mine was factory wired for 2x10 and 2x8, and all with LED's. The speaker wiring runs down the port leg and the LED wiring down the starboard. I'm swapping my 8's for another pair of 10's, but also found that all four speakers were factory wired with 16ga. This just doesn't seem to be enough for 4x10's at 300+W each, so I will be rewiring with larger cable.
      2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        The tower should be wired for 2 pair of speakers, but probably not for LED rings, but maybe rear facing tower lights. That 2nd set of speaker wires may not be run all the way to the amp. Odd are, they are bundled up behind the coaming pads below the tower. You would need to fish them and extend them to the amp. Thats what I would expect.
        Thanks Mike and Tulsah.

The factory set of rev 10's has led rings that work through the tige touch. I assume I can hook up to those by removing one of the existing rev10's and tying in ?

Comment

Yes
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey guys,

So I got the other set of rev10's on today and traced the speaker wires from tower and they were spliced into two sets and hooked to the syn4 I didn't get the sd2 in yet today but did try them with the sun 4 and they sounded very tinny but i didn't turn it up. I assume the settings on the syn4 are just incorrect.

I will be installing the sd2 in the morning. Any tips on settings for the amp ? And will the way I described the wiring above work ?

Thanks.

Comment

Okay guys. I actually had a syn2 not syn4. I pulled that out and put the sd-2 in. Any tips for tuning/ wiring ?

Comment

Wiring should be a straight plug and play, although the amp's terminals are oriented differently, but electrically identical as both are 2 chnl amps. Each pair of speakers wired in parallel (+ to +/- to -) and wired to a chnl.

Hi-Pass, 80hz, mono is a good place to start.

Comment

Right now I have it set to high pass . 80 hz and the gain at about 50% with the deck on 30 And ws420 turned up all the way. I have the bass boost on the amp turned to 0 same as the hz for the boost.

Should I turn the bass body up some ? Also Mike, what did you mean by "mono" in your post ?

Thanks for the help ?

Comment

Originally posted by Travism View Post
                    Right now I have it set to high pass . 80 hz and the gain at about 50% with the deck on 30 And ws420 turned up all the way. I have the bass boost on the amp turned to 0 same as the hz for the boost.

Should I turn the bass body up some ? Also Mike, what did you mean by "mono" in your post ?

Thanks for the help ?
                    I just re-red this. Supposed to say thanks for the help!!

Any input on my settings above ?

Comment

Originally posted by Travism View Post

Thanks for the help ?
                      Theres a switch for "stereo" and "Mono". I like it in the mono. 50% gain is getting a little high. Is your 420 and SQ version with adjustable gain levels or the previous version with fixed levels?

Bass-Boost settings should be defeated when in Hi-pass, but zero is appropriate.

Comment

My 420 is the sq version. When tuning I had everything at the "neutral" position on the 420.

I will look again for the mono switch when I get home and dial the gain back some.

I just installed the ws420sq at the same time as the sd2 and second set of rev10's. I do not remember seeing a gain adjustment on the front nobs but read about one that is inside if you take the case apart. It said not to adjust it if you are in experienced so I left it alone lol !

Let e know what to adjust and I will follow your advice.

Thanks as always Mike !!

Comment

Correct, EQ gains are under the cover.

We almost always end up with the AUX gains getting turned up. On the main, they sometimes end up lower, higher or back where they are default. If your amp gains are 50% or more, I would say you need to raise the EQ gains and lower the amp gains.

Comment

Thanks Mike !!

Should I be tuning the stereo with the boat running ? I ask because of the voltage difference may effect the amp performance ?

Comment

Okay I worked some more on tuning this setup. I have it turned to mono as recommended by Mike, once I made this switch I had to turn the gain down to about 1/3 and they sound great. Still no adjustment to the ws420 gain settings. Now I am getting a pop out of the tower speakers when the stereo is turned on. I have the power, ground and remote wire for the 420sq hooked in with the wires feeding the sd2. Also a couple times the sd2 seem to shut off or just not turn on after restarting the engine, never shut off while pounding the tunes. Any ideas ?

What should I look at to remove the "pop" ?

Thanks,

Travis

Comment

Working...
                              X