Sub box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub box?

Hello, new to the forum so please excuse me if this question has been answered. I have a 2013 Z1. Wetsounds speakers from factory. Added a 4 channel pdx alpine amp and 2 samson tower speakers. Music is loud and clear but lacks bass. Was thinking of maybe adding one 12" sub that I have from my car to the mix. I have a 12" JLW3 which needs 6.65" of mounting depth and I have a fosgate amp to power it. Now my question is.... I have noticed some people use the sub boxes under the drivers cockpit and others use other places. Where do you guys recommend is the best place to install, and where do you buy the boxes from (especially the one under the cockpit)? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the tige forum and congrats on the Z1.

Does your Z1 have the "Premium" level audio package with the 6 Wet Sounds XS-650 in-boats, XS-10fa sub under the helm and the Syn-6 amp, or just 4 in-boats and no 10" sub?

The ideal spot for a woofer in that boat is under the helm radiating directly into the cabin.

Your enclosure needs to be a custom made enclosure that fits both the boat and woofer (as in made to the woofers specs) and built for the marine environment. Please to not buy an off the shelf 5/8" folded automotive MDF universal subwoofer enclosure that covered in water absorbent trunk liner carpet.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Welcome to the tige forum and congrats on the Z1.

Does your Z1 have the "Premium" level audio package with the 6 Wet Sounds XS-650 in-boats, XS-10fa sub under the helm and the Syn-6 amp, or just 4 in-boats and no 10" sub?

The ideal spot for a woofer in that boat is under the helm radiating directly into the cabin.

Your enclosure needs to be a custom made enclosure that fits both the boat and woofer (as in made to the woofers specs) and built for the marine environment. Please to not buy an off the shelf 5/8" folded automotive MDF universal subwoofer enclosure that covered in water absorbent trunk liner carpet.

Thanks for reply. No my Z1 just has the 4 interior without sub. I have seen most people putting the sub under the helm which is where i figured would be the best spot. I figured it would need to be made of some material that wont get ruined with the water. Could anyone chime in with the dimensions of their Z1 box under the helm as well as what they ran approximately to get made?

Comment

From JL's site your sub needs 1.125 cu ft of interior volume, get under your helm and measure to see what fits and calc out your enclosure dimensions, add 1 1/2" in all directions and use some Baltic Birch 3/4" ply. The last two that I built, I angled the driver up a little so it fired straight back. Go to Tap plastics and get some HPDE strips to raise your enclosure off the floor by an inch. Screw and resin your pieces together, and add some gussets on the interior.

Post your dimensions here for these guys to review and comment on. They have helped me out on a couple of systems.

Coat the inside and out with resin, then paint inside and out to seal. Then cover with some marine fabric, vinyl or smooth out and paint.

You can build a good sounding enclosure with some basic woodworking skills and tools.
        Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

Working...
        X