MB Quartz amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Quartz amplifier

Anyone actually try one of these MB Quartz 700 watt mono block amps, they are on sale $149. I realize this is a budget amp, but like the idea of the big wattage for my sub for the price. Am I better off saving my money and putting it towards a better more expensive mono amp, or would this be sufficient for a few years?

Do you have an actual model number or link?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It's an MB Quartz fx 1700 , they claim 350 watts at 4 ohms and 700 watts at 2 ohms

Comment

These are made by Maxxsonics and there quality is hit or miss. Use to be really good amps when they were made in USA, the manufacturing went to China and the quality was awful (2007 - 2010), but has gotten better in the last couple years.

Comment

Ya I remember back in the early to mid 90's you use to pay a lot of money for set of good quality MB Quartz tweeters and speakers and they were known as a high end product! Just like pheonix gold used to be as well back in that era, but now I'm just wondering the quality of a 700 watt amp for $150 !

Comment

Wow... MB Quart was top end back in the day. I had a set of 4" coaxials that were about $600 pair. And that is back when $600 was real money!

Comment

I picked up a marine MB Quart head unit a few years ago. Need a square remote to cover up the old remote hole cut out. I've been really happy with it and the power it has just out of the head unit. But hard to say on the amp. For $149 I'd take that gamble.

Comment

With a little googling, I could not find much of nothing on this model, other than the specs listed by an online retailer. My gut says to expect about 500-600 W rms @ 2 ohm @ 14.5V and about 25% less at 12.5V. Thats what I would use to choose my sub to drive with it. For a sub amp, sound quality from cheap components would not be a factor as it would with driving full-range or HLCD speakers. I would also confirm whether or not its Class-D or possibly Class-A/B. Could be some overheating issues if its A/B and driven hard @ a 2 ohm load.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thx guys!! As always I appreciate hearing you guys with experience opinions

Comment

Working...
                  X