Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetsounds Amp Pairing

Hi All -

Just a quick question on pairing an amp to my new tower speakers..... sorry for the repetitiveness if someone else has asked this question in the past. I searched the archives and nothing came up.

So I recently purchased a pair of Wet Sounds Rev 8's for my '04 Tige 21i type R. I need to know what amp to pair this up with (best performance for least amount of $$).

Existing system is a clarion stock head unit with 6 clarion in boat speakers powered off of the small stock clarion amp and one battery. New system will be leaving existing as is, the new Rev 8's on the tower, add another battery to power stereo, and need to purchase the amp.

I've been told that the Syn-2 is the perfect pairing for a pair of Rev 8's.

I guess my questions stem from this...

1. By saving the $100 and going to a HT-2, what do I loose in performance?
    2. By saving potentially even more money and going to another manufacture,r what do I loose in performance?
    3. What are some alternate amps out there other than the two Wet Sounds amps listed above that I should consider and still get the full potential out of my Rev 8's?

Thanks and I appreciate any/all help!

Originally posted by MizzouWake View Post
    Hi All -

Just a quick question on pairing an amp to my new tower speakers..... sorry for the repetitiveness if someone else has asked this question in the past. I searched the archives and nothing came up.

So I recently purchased a pair of Wet Sounds Rev 8's for my '04 Tige 21i type R. I need to know what amp to pair this up with (best performance for least amount of $$).

Existing system is a clarion stock head unit with 6 clarion in boat speakers powered off of the small stock clarion amp and one battery. New system will be leaving existing as is, the new Rev 8's on the tower, add another battery to power stereo, and need to purchase the amp.

I've been told that the Syn-2 is the perfect pairing for a pair of Rev 8's.

I guess my questions stem from this...

1. By saving the $100 and going to a HT-2, what do I loose in performance?
    2. By saving potentially even more money and going to another manufacture,r what do I loose in performance?
    3. What are some alternate amps out there other than the two Wet Sounds amps listed above that I should consider and still get the full potential out of my Rev 8's?

Thanks and I appreciate any/all help!
    I've tried all three.

So here's my experience(s) - you get what you pay for.

The HT2 is a great budget amp and I have one for a pair of 8's (in-boat speakers) for my bow.
    The bow is not as important as the tower speakers.

The SYN2 (350 X 2) is good, but performance is in the Sinister SD2 Amp (400 X 2), this is where you want to be....especially if you only have just one pair of 8" for your tower.

Wetsounds amps are conformal coated. A lot of "other" brands are not. This is important! Conformal coating is an insulation over the circuitry to protect from moisture / condensation damage.

I replaced my SYN amps with a Sinister SD6 2 yeas ago and became a believer there after. Prior to that I thought an Amp was an Amp.

Back to what I shared, you get what you pay for. Go cheap and buy twice.

For boat sound, Go big or Go home.

Comment

For a single pair, HT-4 hands down. Yes, the Syn-2 is the ideal amp for a pair or two of Rev-8 @ 200W rms x 2 @ 4 ohm, but by far not the only option. So if you know you are going to with just a single pair, go with the HT-4 4 chnl amp. Bridged into to 2 chnl mode, each Rev-8 will receive 300W rms. That 50% more wattage at $120 less @ retail. The extra headroom in wattage makes the difference.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the input. What are your opinions on using a syn 4 - 4 channel for my pair of Rev 8's?

I found a great deal on one that is less than six months old and was thinking about purchasing today.

Comment

The Syn-4 in 2 chnl mode is 400W rms. That is pushing an 8" HLCD to its limits. Tuning has to be spot on and there needs to be some discipline with the volume dial.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouWake View Post
            Thanks for the input. What are your opinions on using a syn 4 - 4 channel for my pair of Rev 8's?

I found a great deal on one that is less than six months old and was thinking about purchasing today.
            Definitely go with the Syn 4.

Comment

Working...
            X