Clarion CMD-5 and adding a transom remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion CMD-5 and adding a transom remote

I went to my local Audio shop that works on autos, boats, and toys (Polaris RZR, etc). I asked them to install a transom remote on my 2008 22Ve. They looked at the sytem and said no problem. Now, they are stating that the Clarion CMD-5 head unit is not compatible with the newer remotes (6 pin vs 8 pin) and that my options are to replace head unit and the remotes...or to find a 6pin remote on ebay and they'll install it.

What are ya'lls thoughts? Are they trying to upsell me here?

If this pin situation is legit, does anyone (Mike's Liquid Audio ??? ) have one of these 6pin remotes that they'd like to sell to a Tige brother?

Thanks for your input.

Chris

Chris,

They are telling your the truth. The new generation Clarion remotes have an 8 pin cable and CMD5 has a 6.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=53896

Some interesting info in this thread. There was an adapter available that would allow the new 8 pin head-unit to work with the old 6 pin remotes, but not sure about going the other way. May be worth contacting that cable builder and see.

And I may have a couple of these, but I need to look.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had the same issue a few years ago and I called clarion and they emailed me a detailed diagram and parts list to build a connection so that the units would work together. The only thing was that some of the features would not be able to be controlled from the transom remote. Which as long as volume and skip worked I didn't care. Maybe try calling them and seeing if they can send you the same info. I will look to see if I have the diagram. I didn't end up using it as I ended up getting new remotes as I sold my old ones and the old head unit

Comment

Chpthrill - Hopefully you'll have something in your stock that will work.

Trudelle - I didnt think about contacting Clarion direct. Good advice. Like you, all I really care about is volume and skip feature.

Comment

I checked and I cant find the diagram that was sent to me so sorry I couldn't help there.... good luck

Comment

Trudelle - no worries. Thanks for checking.

Comment

Ok, I have a used CMRC1 that I believe works. It came out of a boat that had a dead head-unit and we went with a complete Sony unit. It yours for the cost of shipping. I do not have an extension cable, so you would need to get one once you determine if this remote is good.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks CHPTHRIL!!!!!! You rock! PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                X