Head unit with Tige Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head unit with Tige Touch

We are about 3 days away from placing our RZ4 order and are curious if putting in a different head unit from Clarion will it be able to be controlled by Tige Touch?

We are thinking up upgrading the head unit to a current Clarion model as Tige is still installing a discontinued model until their stock runs out from what I understand.

Thanks for your input guys.

The head-unit sees the TT as more of a remote then anything else. So, it would stand to reason that if the remote thats compatible with the head-unit you want to use is also compatible with the current head-unit, then it should work. Have you spoke with Tige or even Medallion about this to see what their response is?

Have you considered just using a wired remote and bypassing the TT anyway?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hi Mike,
      I thought about bypassing the TT but I want to retain control with it for now. So the TT is hooked up using the remote control line?

Comment

Unless something has changed, thats how I think its interfaced. The Medallion is built to show you what it shows, but mimic a remote. The reason I would consider bypassing the TT is based on Malibu installing a helm remote along with the Maliview. The remote offers the same functions, except the BT syncing, without having to navigate to the stereo screen first. Most seem to no use the Maliview stereo controls, they just use the remote thats to the left of the steering wheel.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I thought about doing a MW4 at the helm somewhere but was told it will not be released until mid summer. I could put a MW1 somewhere close but it wont fit the clean look I'm trying to accomplish.
          PM to you as well.

Comment

Hi Mike, I sent a email to you last week about adding 2X XXX subs in a RZ4 and if you have done this before.
            Under the drivers helm there is that board with all the electronics and power points, have you moved that board up to a horizontal location before so you can put a ported box under there?
            Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X