Complete system revamp!! Exile Audio 02 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete system revamp!! Exile Audio 02 22i

Well this will be my second season with this boat and this year my upgrades will include a new tower set up from exile audio. After trolling around and researching for while I decided to go with exile due to the good reviews I saw and of all the speakers out there I like the clamps and style of can the most. Went with the xm9 surf speakers (4) with xm30.2 amp as a package deal. Didnt go hlcd because we dont board much and have more in boat time than pulling riders. and I wanted sound quality in cabin.

So! First step was removing tower to get new paint, and disassembling new speakers as well to go to paint. This was a very nervous chore due to the fact that these cans are put together pretty good and not only bolted parts but epoxy sealed as well. I wont go into great detail on the breakdown unless someone asks but lets just say I had to take deep breaths and be careful with the 1800 brand new speaker ripping it apart. But I did get it done!! While thats all out for paint i decided to go ahead and re wire every component because the previous owner didnt install very well ..... went through and figured out what all I needed and ordered parts monday. So should have them by the end of the week. I decided to and a 3rd battery because the single 27 group DC marine was not cutting it running 3 amps all day on the lake. the previous owner had the house battery located in the storage underneath the glove box just sitting in a battery box which I didnt like. So saturday I decided to remove the in boat cooler since it is very big and we never really used it. So i took it out thinking the would be a perfect spot for the two house batteries!! After the exhausting chore of removing all the spray in foam i got it all cleaned up and installed the battery there untill the rest of my parts come in and I can finish. Just figured I start a thread on this upgrade. I will take some pics as I go along and keep it updated.

As for my experience so far with Exile audio..... I got the impression online that they have great customer service and have seen many post on other forums where Brian which I believe runs it has been very courteous and help to guys regarding the products and general tech questions. I called and asked a few questions before my purchase and made the transaction online. I received an email from brian thanking me for my order and letting me know that the ZLD EQ was on backorder and I would not be charged for it. This was on 2/11 I recieved the package on 2/15. When I opened the speakers I was impressed with the quality of them, but noticed one of them had a very tiny piece that was chipped on a corner. Now this was very small but being 900 a pair and knowing how warranty claims are especially since i was gonna paint them wanted to cover my A$$. I emailed him with pics and he responded within 24 hrs and copied an associate in the email apologizing and offered a return label to ship the damaged speaker back. by the 20th i had not recieved the label or any email correspondence. I began calling and left two messages and emails and even tried contact via facebook. Finaly on the 24th I was able to reach natlie and she apologized and was very polite and emailed me a link to print the return sticker and tracking number for the replacement speaker which she said would go out that day. The following day I attempted to print the label and the the link would not work so I again contacted her about the issue and she responded on the 25th saying she would send me a pdf label to print that I still have not received. And I checked the tracking on the replacement speaker and it still has not shipped. So now I'm aggravated. I have 3 speakers and a tower waiting to be painted all because of this. Not very happy when you drop 2300 and have issues like this. anybody else have anything they would like to share about their experience with exile feel free to chime in....

LONG WINDED SORRY!

Dnasty - just saw your post. Super sorry you had a problem with our gear. From what I gather you received some speakers that where damaged in shipment. That flat out sucks. I forwarded your most msg to Natlie to contact you via voice in the morning. If someone has a problem with an exile product we do actually pay to have it shipped back. It might be the case that her email hit your spamn folder. Regardless , I'll have her ring you 9am west coast time tomorrow. We do support what we sell. Sorry you've had trouble.

-Brian

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtNasty View Post
        Thanks I appreciate it.
        Hey just spoke to Natlie about this. Looks like fedex migrated our account number into a new system and its snafu'd your return tag and other outbound fedex shipments. I asked her to ship it ups if need be. she'll followup later this afternoon. Cheers!

Comment

They are always good to work with as you are seeing. Looks like it's getting taken care of. No problems here!

Comment

its all straightened out... just a big mess that was fedex's mess up for the most part. Wish the communication on their end could have been better but I realize I am not the only customer, and Imagine they had there hands full with calls and emails from others that weren't getting their orders. . Speaker will be here tomorrow. Unfortunate event. I hope that the speakers perform well and I can enjoy them for many years to come. Ready to get the install goin! Parts are showin up I will start a new thread when i get it rollin

Comment

Working...
            X