Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to Replace CDM1 Marine Stereo for newer

Hey guys,

I am looking to replace my CDM1 Stereo head unit in my 2005 Tige 21i, she is pooched. Problem is I have 2 clarion remotes, (Oval Shaped), one on the transom and one in the cockpit. I am aware that some decks are not compatible with the remotes and im looking for your help on this on what i can replace it with without touching the remote wires etc... Looking for a Clarion deck equivalent to this with iPod/iPhone adapter/hookup built in.

Any advice or units for sale would be great!

Pav

Your only option for sure is the the Clarion CMD5, which was put out to pasture in 08 IIRC.

Now, ive never done this, but I have heard of it being done, so take it with a grain of salt. You can cut the ends off of the newer 8-pin head-unit connector and the old style 6-pin remote cable and match the 6 colors. No display but most of the basic functions will work.

If you are willing to change the remotes, skies the limits.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

i have this same issue. Not sure what unit i have?? its a clarion and I too have two remotes. They are not oval shaped though? My boat is an 02 22i type r not sure if it was a factory radio or another owner installed them. I was wanting the m502 but didnt know if mine would hook up. Im not willing to "not have" my remotes and due to other uprgrades Im doin cant afford new unit and remotes and extension cables.

Comment

I think CDM5 is my only resort too CHPTHRIL. Thanks! Anyone selling CDM5 Head unit now!???

Comment

I have an extra Clarion at home - will check the model tonight for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would check ebay or google searches if you insist on keeping the old remotes. I just installed a NIB clarion cmd8 with 2 new remotes the Y and 25ft ext cables for both remotes for $550.00 in my boat that i found on ebay. I had the cmd4a and had the same issues with not wanting to replace the remotes but I absolutely love the new remotes! The buttons are a lot easier to push and more sensitive when pressed. Cd player has a few more options than the old cmd4a. I know it's more money than you want to spend but your already going to be around $200-$250 just for the head unit alone and will still have the old crappy style remotes IMO spend a little more to get a lot more!!

Comment

Let me know what ya got!

Comment

Clarion M502 and MW1

I'm also looking to install the M502 and (2)MW1 remotes.

Who has this setup and how do you like it? How difficult is it to install the remotes? (2002 21V)

Parts List????:
                M502
                2 - MW1
                2 - remote extension cables
                1 remote splitter

Comment

Working...
                X