2013 Z3 Subwoofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Z3 Subwoofer

I have searched the forums and the internet and can;t seem to find any advice so I figured I would post my on thread.

I have a 2013 Z3 with the full Wetsounds setup. I have had other boats with Wetsounds systems and know fully what they are capable of. My previous boat had 4 xs650s, 2 pro60s and a single xs10fa. The xs650s were powered off of channels 1 and 2 of a syn4 running at two ohms sending about 100 watts to each speaker. Channels 3-4 were bridged to power the xs10fa and a separate syn 2 powered the Pro60's. I also had a Eq420 as well. The system was plenty loud and the sound was spectacular.

This is exactly my problem. The new boat sounds good but really lacks bass. All of the threads I have researched have all covered replacing the xs10fa with a 12 in a sealed box. My question: Has anyone done any modifications to enhance the sound of the xs10fa? In my other boat the sub was mounted to the helm and had the entire hull to radiate into. It pounded! I have seen references to making modifications to the wall behind the sub to allow more air space for the sub to breath. I believe it was Tim White who made reference to this and even commented that he was working with Tige to resolve this going forward. So, again, has anyone made modifications to the existing set up to wake up the sub? Please share!!!! I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water because I know the sub has way more potential. I just want to know what has worked for other people.

Thanks!

Start with this thread

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...stem-on-my-RZ4
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

All of the amp settings are as required and the RCA cables are connected to their proper source. I went over all of this this past winter and even had the dealer double check the setup. I even listened to other factory boats while there and had the same impression - low sub output. I really think the issue is the amount of air volume to 10 has to work with in the oem location. I was wondering if anyone has taken steps to "open up" the area behind the sub to let it breath into the forward storage compartment better. I just don't know how much and how complicated a task it would be.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone has taken steps to "open up" the area behind the sub to let it breath into the forward storage compartment better. I just don't know how much and how complicated a task it would be.
        Yes, after seeing pics, this mod is a must and Tim White of Wet Sounds also has suggested this. But theres more
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Any experience or pictures to show what and how much modification is needed? I am pretty handy with a sawzall!

Comment

Someone posted a pic of the factory cavity but dont recall if anyone fallowed up with pics after the mod.

Ok, heres a thread with sub and front fascia out and square cut out behind where the magnet would go. I wouldnt hesitate to make that opening larger if it where me.

I sent you a private message yesterday, did you see it?
            Last edited by chpthril; 02-23-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Just replied to your pm.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Someone posted a pic of the factory cavity but dont recall if anyone fallowed up with pics after the mod.

Ok, heres a thread with sub and front fascia out and square cut out behind where the magnet would go. I wouldnt hesitate to make that opening larger if it where me.

I sent you a private message yesterday, did you see it?
                I don't see the link?

Comment

lets try again

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hlight=xs-10fa

Comment

2013 Z3 Subwoofer

It's pretty easy to cut out with a sawzall. This is the max space that can be cut out without moving the electronics up in my RZR. I would imagine it is similar to your Z3.

Comment

That's more room than I expected. What size ballast do you have in your boat?

Comment

Did that help your sound? I want to mount a 12 wider and box. How had was that to cut out?

Comment

Working...
                        X