Factory stereo wiring question eidb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory stereo wiring question eidb

I'm going to install a ws420 Indy boat, And wondered if all the audio is ran to the same battery? Also how exactly does the factory eidb work? I also have a dual bank on board charger to hook up

A couple of years ago, Tige switched from a simple ON/OFF battery switch in line on the main cranking battery, to the Blue Sea Dual Circuit Plus switch and retained the Diode isolator. I know how I would wire the system, but I do not know exactly how Tige is wiring it. With that style of switch, logic would have it that the amps would be drawing off of the house battery. Dual-Battery 101 would also suggest the head-unit would also draw off that same battery. Im 99% sure Tige is wiring the head-unit's yellow B+ and B- to one of the amps, so this has them all drawing off the same battery source.

To be sure this is maintained, I would suggest running the WS-420's B+ and B- over to the amps.

The EIDB is simple. The alternator output goes to the diode iso, which then has cable that connect to each of the batteries. With the engine running, both battery banks see a charge from the alternator. Due to the switch, both banks are isolated from each other's loads.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Cheap! I hope the head unit is powered the same. I have yet to actually get in the boat and really poke around, so hopefully you are correct.

So there is a isolater switch in there. Thats what I wondered. Will that have any issue for my on board charger? ITs a dual bank charger.

Comment

The battery switch should be located in the port aft locker. That switch should not be an issue if its configured in the most ideal way. Your charger will connect directly/physically to the battery posts.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok I just wanted to make sure it didn't mess with the isolator.

Comment

Working...
          X