CES 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CES 2014

Here are just some highlights from the this years CES.

Kenwood released 4 new marine head-units. All have front USB and AUX (which im personally not a fan of), one did have rear AUX, 2 have built in BT. The difference between those 2 is one still has CD and the other is a shallow chassis and does not have CD. The one down side is that only the existing "700" unit will support the current LCD remote. These new units will only have a non-LCD remote.

ARC Audio has completely redone the XDi line of their small Class-D amps. They have added another 4 chnl, which boats more output then the previous XDi804, now replaced with the XDi450.4. The XDi450.4 will deliver 150W rms x 4 @ 4 and 2 ohm and 300 x 2 @ 4 ohm. The XDi450.4 is 85W rms x 4 @ 4 ohm, 125W rms X 4 @ 2 ohm and 250W x 2 @ 4 ohm.

The XDi805 5 chnl has been replaced with the XDi850.5. Its output is the same as the XDi450.4 on the 4 full-range chnls and 225W rms @ 4 ohm and 400W @ 2 ohm on the dedicated sub chnl. Its very close in size and power output, but again, these are all new inside and out. They have added a larger 5 chnl, the XDi1100.5. It will deliver: 150W rms x 4 @ 2 or 4 ohm on the 4 full-range chnls and 275W @ 4 ohm and 500W rms @ 2 ohm on the dedicated sub chnl.

The XDi1200.6 is an all new full-range 6 chnl. It can run all full-range speakers or a mix of full-range and a sub(s). Its specs are: 150W rms on 1-4 @ 4 or 2 ohm and 300W rms x 2 @ 4 ohm bridged on 1/2 and 3/4. 150W rms @ 4 ohm on 5 and 6, 300W rms @ 2 ohm on 5 and 6 and then 600W rms @ 4 bridged on 5/6.

2 new full-range mono offerings for 2014. The XDi650 (185 @ 4, 350 @ 2 and 650 @ 1) and the XDi1100.1 (350 @ 4, 600 @ 2 and 1100 @ 1). Both are 1 ohm stable and include bass control knob.

I posted some info a couple weeks back on the new gear from Kicker, but here some additional pics.
    This was a cool display showing how cable quality effects current draw and the amps output. Its using Kicker's amp cable and some other brand, both advertised at the same AWG.

The new 4" pods can surface mount, mount with tube clamp right to pod or use the offset arm for more clearance. They also have a new 4" coax as well

The new KM8 coax with RGB LED's as well as a controller with RF remote. The tweeter is suspended under the grill, so the grill is removable. You have the option of a white or charcoal grill or custom paint them.

The new 6.5" KM65 coax also has the 2 grill options and RGB lighting.

Sub also has RGB lighting

From what I understand, the KM tower pods and the KMS674 HLCD tower speaker system will both see a price reduction for 2014.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Looks like Powerbass has expanded their price-point marine/ATV line with some new amps and a 12" sub. The amo are Class-D, but no low level RCA inputs, just speaker level. They have gotten into the pro-axial HLCD arena with what looks like a 6 or 6.5. The pod was very small and the sound omitting from the speaker reflected it. The wires to the pod also looked as if they just passed through a hole in the pod. If mounted on the underside of a tube, it would surely be an entry point for water. Spent 10 minutes in the booth and could not get any PB reps attention to ask a single questions.

I never did find Alpines booth, but it does look like they are bowing out of the marine arena.

I dis not make it over to the JL booth, they were located in one of the Venetian hotel towers. They had the new 8.8 in display, which will be available for the both an in-boat and a tower pod. They also released a chrome grill option for i think, the tower pods.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

i noticed alpine was getting out of the marine industry, too bad, i really like their head units, especially for sound quality, what do you suggest for a replacement?
      sin city
      2005 24v

Comment

Yeah, I thought they were going to relaunch a new line, but looks like the decided to get out all together.

Ive been using Sony for a number of years. You can get a 3" LCD or a 2" basic remote. USB and AUX and even head with built in BT. Clarion has some solid units also. For 2014, im picking up Kenwood and Fusion.

Comment

Working...
        X