Z3 Stereo Install advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my install.
    moved the medallion panel up around 2" and it's tight to access all the stuff but works..

Last edited by sandm; 01-10-2014, 02:04 PM.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

you guys got some wood cutting skills. I hate building boxes cause I suck at working with wood.

Comment

2011 RZ2
        sub.jpgSUB1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CarFanatic View Post
          you guys got some wood cutting skills. I hate building boxes cause I suck at working with wood.
          it's not hard. mine is simply 2 boxes put together to get the riser you see and it's square. the angled piece against the contours of the hull are cosmetic.
          I actually built the box out of mdf and rhinolined the crap out of it. I cut the carpet out of the area underneath it and put the box on king starboard "rails" to ensure any water/moisture would drain around it. the contoured piece is actually king starboard with carpet stapled on it.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

whats king starboard? Never Heard of that? how hard is it to move the electronics pannel up?

Comment

Originally posted by CarFanatic View Post
              whats king starboard? Never Heard of that? how hard is it to move the electronics pannel up?
              its a brand name for a HDPE board.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ah ok. gotcha. I dont think the big hardware stores carry that stuff. Where did you guys get it?

Comment

marine suppliers
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

check local sheet plastic suppliers. also several sellers on ebay that peddle it. I bought mine from the local plastic house. it was around $50 for that false front and top you see on that box. somewhat expensive but figured it's an extra line of defense from direct contact of water to the box. it comes in various colors. I didn't care what color since I'm covering in carpet and they cut me a small break for taking a remnant piece. I bought 1/2" and it's very rigid as a footrest as well

moving the medallion panel was a challenge. it's tough on my 22ve to get to the top of the board with a screwgun to put new ones in. not a lot of room up there with the way the dash was molded but I was able to undo the screws and push it up approx 2" without undoing any wiring. it was easier to move the black accessory box with the redundant switches in it up. lots of room on that side. it's the same side I ended up locating all the relays for chp's ballast pump upgrade.
                    Last edited by sandm; 01-10-2014, 05:47 PM.
                    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

hmm.. ok will have to do some searching. the factory stuff is like painted white board, at least what the sub was in is.

Comment

Did you have to cut out the box that was there from the 10? I started to take it apart today. Looks like it will need to be cut out??

Comment

I mounted mine directly under the steering wheel and found it perfect for adjusting the volume. I too had a box built to replace the stock 10" sub. Added three Syn 4's and ended up with 3500 watts of pure enjoyment. Sounds great!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X