No announcement yet.

Kicker Subwoofer/amp help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some pics of my sub install under helm. I was able to fit 2- 12" subs under it without a lot of difficulty. I obviously had to move all the electronics upwards and towards the corner but it was a pretty easy process other than being cramped under the helm that is!! I originally had a round 12" sub hole that i used as a template to put square hole in. Once this was cutout i did top box. I sealed them to fiberglass helm wall and screwed them down tightly to prevent air leaks. I did have to cut approx 1/2 in off the plastic bilge exhaust vent as the boxes touched it and wasn't able to get the plastic hose back on. It has a bit of an angle in it but still allows plenty of air in. I have been kicking the idea of fitting these subs through the wall for awhile now as i'm tired of the sound not getting out of the enclosed compartment. The sound is frickin incredible now!! Plus it makes up for me being lazy earlier on and just stuffing the boxes in the compartments. makes it take on a professional look. I did leave an inch or more underneath the boxes as this compartment always seems to take on water and didn't want the boxes to get wet. There is a little room for a 6.5in component speaker on the side if I choose to put in later also. Hope the pics help anyone that thinks its not possible to fit 2 subs under the helm!!

Comment

IMG_1155.jpgIMG_1156.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1159.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1161.jpgIMG_1162.jpg Here are the rest of the install pics

Comment

Aswesome job! I bet they will sound great now that you have 2 of them radiating directly into the cabin.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes they are loud!! Put a 0 gauge ground wire to the 2500w amp and the protection mode is gone also so thanks for the info. I rewired to the diagram to get 2 ohm also and am very pleased with my setup now. Just on low volume these things have a hard hit to them I would highly recommend putting 2 subs under the helm as they have an incredible low echoing effect goin thru the entire boat now. Can't wait to watch the water vibrate and the fish surface!! Again thanks for everyones info.

Comment

Working...
          X