Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Like A Wet Sounds B-Stock Sale

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/bstock.html
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Damnit, no rev 10s
    Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

Wow, great timing. I needed an XS-12 sub!! Now I need to build an enclosure...

Comment

What is a B Stock sale?

Comment

Coojac,

From time to time, manufacturers have discontinued models, demo/display models from trade show displays, factory refirbs, etc, that they will put on sale til supplies are gone. At the worst, these items may have a minor cosmetic flaw, but are other wise in perfect working order.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Coojac,

From time to time, manufacturers have discontinued models, demo/display models from trade show displays, factory refirbs, etc, that they will put on sale til supplies are gone. At the worst, these items may have a minor cosmetic flaw, but are other wise in perfect working order.
            Basically, you will save money and have full factory support on warranty. I bought my XS-650's and 485's B-stock and never had any issues. The XS-650's had small cracks on the plastic baskets that was purely cosmetic and the 485's looked brand new to me.
            "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
            "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
              Basically, you will save money and have full factory support on warranty. I bought my XS-650's and 485's B-stock and never had any issues. The XS-650's had small cracks on the plastic baskets that was purely cosmetic and the 485's looked brand new to me.
              Not according to the site! It states "All back stock items are 50% off with no warranty".

Comment

I am looking to add to my stock system on my R20. Currently I have four in boat speakers and a Alpine head unit. Would a pair of MB8-BX tower speakers and a XS-10FA-S4 sub. be a good addition and then order whatever amp I need from Mike. I am just looking for a decent sound when surfing and in the boat. I don't know anything about stereo systems. Not looking to impress anyone with my system.

Comment

Zach,

lets start with the tower additions. What tower speakers are currently on the tower? 2nd, what amplifier is currently powering those tower speakers?

Next, since your boat currently has only 2 pair of in-boats and no sub and an Alpine head-unit, I am guessing it did not come from the factory with the OEM installed amp for the speakers. Is there an amp there now that powers the 4 in-boats and if so, whats its make and model?

Adding a sub will greatly improve the richness of the system as it will fill in all that missing material that the full-range in-boats can not reproduce effectively. The XS-10fa is a good solution to accomplish this in a R20.

Comment

I do not currently have a amp or tower speakers. I am hoping that some of the B-stock speakers would be a good purchase. Would I need mounts for the tower speakers. I have different tower on my R20, it has the tubular lower but sort of a alpha z top.

Comment

Ok, the Wet Sounds MB-8 is an 8" mid-bass driver. It is not a traditional coaxial speaker, so no tweeter. It is not a speaker thats intended to be run by its self. It was designed to compliment the now discontinued Pro-60 or Pro-80. Also, I do not believe there are any left in stock at Wet Sounds. If you are looking for a surf setup, then a pair of 8" coaxials such as the Wet sounds Icon-8, or a couple of 6.5" coaxials like the Kicker KM6200 in some double pods. Both can be powered with a variety of amps.

With no amp currently driving the in-boats, I would highly suggest adding one and get the in-boats off the head-unit. This will be a must if you add a 3rd pair, so factor that cost into the budget. A nice 4 chnl amp is all thats needed. Your final subwoofer decision may also play into the amp options. There are a few 5 and 6 chnl amps that will drive the 6 in-boats and a sub. other wise, a dedicated sub amp will be in order.

Right now, I do not have anything used. All I have is a price-point pair of 6.5" coaxial tower speakers. send me a PM if you want additional info on them.

Comment

Mike,

Tried to PM but it says your box is full.

Comment

sorry, ive dumped some old ones. try re sending.

Comment

Working...
                          X