Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New RZ2 Tower set up help? Rev 8's or 10's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New RZ2 Tower set up help? Rev 8's or 10's?

I am placing an order on a 2012 RZ2 and am torn about the tower speaker set up . I would like to get 2 rev 10's and 2 rev 8's on the tower but I don't think the syn 2 can handle them . Would that be a waste of money or should I just get 2 rev 10's on the tower. My 2011 RZR had 4 pro 60's and sounded awesome but am looking for a little more bass.

I think for Rev 10's, you will want a Syn 4 and then run it bridged so that each speaker gets 400 watts rms. If you go 8's and 10's, you would probably want either 2 Syn 4's or 1 syn 4 and 1 syn 2.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread bspot. I am thinking of upgrading as well to the rev 10 and rev 8 combo. But have been unsure if this would cause issues. It will be interesting to hear the feedback.

Comment

George, I think Nick @ WWS has Rev 10's and Rev 8's on his boat. Might call him up and see what he has running them. Not sure if you heard how loud his boat was at the boat show or not but it was pretty loud!

Comment

Thanks Tim, I did not get a chance to hear it at the show. Nick and I have talked a some about his set up but I am still trying to work out all 8's all 10's or combo. Just need the time and $$$$

Comment

Go with 4 rev 10s. You can always turn the volume down but you cant make it louder.

Comment

Sounds like you also need to syn 4s
              Last edited by jzts0214; 02-01-2012, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Too hard to walk around the boat with 4 Rev 10's on a boat with the Alpha Z...

Comment

The only problem I can see with 4 rev 10s which i think you will have the same problem with rev 8s is that when you swivel the board rack in with a board on it the bindings will hit the back speaker.

Comment

The combo of REV 10's and REV 8's works out great and sounds awesome on the SYN-2. With a single SYN-2, it IS light on the power ability of the REV 10 but for those that have heard it, love it. Ask the dealers who were at the Tige dealer meeting. We rocked a Z3 with the combo till about 4 am! The REV 10 has the ability to take more power. So you can always add a SYN-4 later just for the REV 10's and leave the REV 8 on their own SYN-2. Normally you want to try to run the same size speaker as the smaller speaker will get dominated by the larger. However, we timbre matched the REV's so they all have the same sonic signature and blend well. On the Alpha Z tower the staggered look works great. So sometimes you have to make a trade off to get the headroom you want or the look you want or the clearance you want. with the board racks, you just have to watch how far you swing in, still load and unload boards pretty easy.

You wouldn’t want to run a SYN-6. As that would only be able to bridge chs 1-4 for 200x2 and leave 5-6 for 155x2. as it is 155x2 at 4 ohms. 300 is when running down to 2 ohms. chs 5-6 will bridge to 600x1 at 4 ohms but only to one 4 ohm load, a single 485 for instance.

Also, don’t forget you could just do two pairs of REV 8’s. The REV 8 has the same size as the PRO 60 but with an 8 inch driver and our REV technology so they are very warm and smooth. So if you liked the 4 PRO 60’s. You will love the 4 REV 8’s as you will get that mid bass you were after and a smoother sound overall.

We are running 4 REV 10’s on our RZ2 off dual SYN-4’s. It is not only loud. It is unbelievably loud! Too loud for one of the boat shows it was at!!

Tim
                    Wet Sounds

Comment

Thanks Tim, just what i was lookin for.

Comment

Tim,

I currently have the '09 tower of power and I'm looking at selling the (2) pairs of 60's and adding a set of REV 10's and a set of REV 8's and adding a syn-4. Is the syn-2 adequate to run the REV 8's or would it be wise to upgrade that amp to a syn-4 as well. Thanks for the help!!

Comment

The syn-2 is the perfect match for the REV-8's

Tim
                          Wet Sounds

Comment

Working...
                          X