Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet sounds HTX-6 issue

Hey Tige fam!
    I’ve got a wet sounds HTX-6 set up to run my six in boat wet sounds speakers. 100 watts to each at 4 ohms.
    The amp pushes these speakers perfectly and when it’s working the stereo jams. My problem is some of the time it goes into protect mode. I’ve looked up the code and it is indicating I have a short on all channels.
    I’ve sent the amp to wet sounds for testing and they have assured me there is no issue with the amplifier. I’ve also been through all the wiring several times making sure connections were good and it was hooked up correctly. What I think I’ve narrowed it down to is possible engine starting current spike that sometimes causes it to go into protect.
    I’m curious if anyone knows anything about this and has any suggestions on how I can go about fixing it.
    Thanks in advance!

My problem is some of the time it goes into protect mode. What I think I’ve narrowed it down to is possible engine starting current spike
    If the protect mode ONLY happens during engine crank AND the stere is on, you may have a case where the voltage dips and causes a false error code. However, IF the protect mode happens randomly when the engine IS NOT being started, then cranking draw is not the issue.

How do you get the amp to go back to normal mode?

Have you measured the resting impedance of each speaker circuit? A low speaker can cause a short code.

Have you measure voltage on the amp's power terminals when it go into protect more?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It makes sense it could be under voltage as well. To be honest I’m not completely sure if it’s cut out while playing before or if it’s always during a start. Usually the volume is down when turning the boat on and off but I’ll do my best to isolate the issue.

To get it to work again I typically have to let it sit overnight with the power switch turned off. I’m assuming the time elapsed allows the discharge the caps? It usually won’t work the same day after it goes into protect mode.

Do I just need to put a meter on the pos and neg terminals of each speaker on lowest resistance setting correct? Should be close to 4 ohms? I have verified that each speaker moves freely. They were all new when the amp was installed new as well.

I haven’t put a meter on the amps terminals, I’ll do that. I do have two other amps in the system that work just fine.

I’ve tried starting the boat with the stereo head unit off so that the amps weren’t remote powered on and that doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
      X