Roswell R1 Pro Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roswell R1 Pro Tower

So I’m looking at upgrading my tower speakers from the 4 6x9 kickers In the tower speaker pod I have. I came across those R1T speakers and they seem awesome from my calcs seems like 93db at 65’ which would be amazing while riding. Does anyone here have a set of these and what are your thoughts?

Given most marine speakers are in an open environment, and tower speakers are mounted way up high, a speaker's db efficiency spec is always way down on my list as a qualifier. Not too mention, theres more then one way to obtain this spec. The R1 Pro is an 8" mid-bass woofer paired with a bullet compression driver tweeter. They will be louder then a traditional dome tweeter but lack the narrowed focus projection of a horn loaded compression driver. Sound is always subjective, so its just my opinion. I think they sound pretty good.

An 8" coaxial, like the Kicker KMTC8 or Wet sounds Icon-8 and Roswell R1 8 would deliver a little better near-field sound quality. An HLCD like the Wet sounds Rev-8 would deliver a little better wake range projection.

Unless you want the translucent LED pods of the R1 Pro, for the money, the Kicker KMTC11 or Wet Sounds Rev-10HD or Rev-12HD would be choices.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Interesting I’ll have to look at those as well. I was more looking at the volume at around 65’ from the back of the boat so I can have some nice clear loud sound while boarding without bowing out my passengers ears. So you think the rev8 over the roswell R1 pro for a tower speaker?

Comment

without bowing out my passengers ears.
        Sorry, but you cant have your cake, and eat it to. If its loud at 65', its going to be LOUD in the boat.

Not necessarily saying the rev-8 over the R1 Pro, but a true horn loaded compression driver will do a little better job at wake range projection. If you are budgeting for a $2400 tower speaker, then id conder a larger 10, 11 or 12 inch. These will give you wake range projection you seek, + better sound quality for surfing.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

+1 on chpthrils comment. The dealer I'm at now had a hard on for rigging boats with r1s and personally I don't care for them. Beyond the RGB factor I think there's much better tower speakers like WS Rev series or JL m6 880s and would pick either of those over the R1s any time

Comment

I think I’m gonna go with a pair of the rev10s thanks for the input guys, just couldn’t justify the extra cost for the minimal performance gain. Now just need to get the boat fixed from a log impact, my luck has been in the dumps recently.

Comment

Working...
            X