Syn 6 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syn 6 question

I have a 2016 R20 with a Wetsounds Syn6. While cleaning I bumped the wiring on the amp and pulled a wire off. Sound from the speakers immediately stopped. I found a smaller gauge wire that looked like it was piggybacked on the main ground feed from the battery pulled out. After re-terminating I have no power light on the amp. The head unit powers on. With a meter I verified power to the amp from the battery is 12v. Fuses verified good with an ohm meter. It’s a blue wire with a white tracer(although it seems like there isn’t a common color code to these boats!).
    Could this be the wire that sends the signal from the head unit to the amp to initiate the amp to come on? I’m now wondering if it pulled out from the positive side and that’s why it’s not powering up. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Blue white (actullly is a standard color in 12 volt audio) is the remote turn-on. Its a 12V signal from the head unit unit. if it did get connected to a ground, it likely blew the circuit inside the head unit.

The blue turn-on would connect to the small terminal between the amp's main B+ and B-.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the response. I’ll hope it didn’t blow anything and connect it properly!

Comment

Thanks as always Mike. I connected it to where it belongs and luckily everything worked. I’m selling her unfortunately so my timing of the problem was terrible! Your help and everyone else in this community has been so helpful to myself and my family. We were first time boat owners 5 years ago and the info on this forum has been priceless to us.

Comment

Working...
        X