Transom Stereo control install ATX 22 2021 “Where is the connector!”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transom Stereo control install ATX 22 2021 “Where is the connector!”

I ordered the transom remote but have not had much luck finding connector to install it on. Looked for harness connector in stern of boat, under and behind dash, and have not found the connector. I figure once I find the connector I will make my own extension to adjust placement of control. Does anyone know where I need to look to find this on a boat that did not come from factory with transom remote? Thanks

I even looked around the head unit with no luck. When I bought the boat they told me it could easily be added later. Of course they will tell you anything to get you out of the showroom with the boat…. thanks for the response.

Comment

HURRAY! Persistence pays off! Found the connection behind the dash compartment here’s a picture of the connector and the connector number.

3B571026-F698-479B-8E27-2970DFB31373.jpeg

Comment

To be more clear, remove the seat back to the seating in front of driver and it should be hanging there.

Comment

Now knowing where the connecter is could you use an aftermarket transom remote?

Comment

Originally posted by Tatomd7 View Post
            Now knowing where the connecter is could you use an aftermarket transom remote?
            No, as they all use their own communication protocol and a proprietary connector.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Do you happen to know if this is the same connector for steering wheel radio controls? If not any idea where those might be? Thanks

Comment

I did pick one up and will look for the link. I works fine but the volume and music control buttons are in opposite locations. Works great and allows control of music alternative to driver only.

Comment

Working...
                X