Is it time for new speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it time for new speakers

I have Wet Sounds 6.5 speakers in my 08 22ve and I believe they are the original speakers from 2008. At least two of them rattle very badly if the song has a lot of bass, or even mild bass. I had to shove a paper towel behind the speaker grill to make it stop. I checked the back of the speakers to make sure nothing is touching them. Is it time for new speakers? Thanks!

That's a good idea, thanks! I imagine that 14 years is a pretty long life for a speaker anyway. If I do have to get new ones...any tips on replacing old speakers? I assume if I go with same diameter Wet Sounds then its just plug-n-play?

Comment

To determine if a speaker is good or blown, swap in a known good speaker and relocate the suspect to the location.

Comment

So if the hole for the new speakers are too big, I might have to go up to 8" speakers?

Comment

I found this manual online for XS-650 speakers and it indicates a 5" hole diameter. If these are the speakers that I have then it looks like I'll be able to replace them with the newer model.

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Im.../867XS650S.PDF

Comment

I confirmed over the weekend that I have XS-650 speakers and two of them are in fact blown/broken. It looks like the XS-65 speakers on Amazon will be a direct fit for replacement. What is the difference between the XS-650 and XS-65? Thanks

Comment

Thanks, Im sending you a PM

Comment

Working...
              X