2021 23ZX stereo volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 23ZX stereo volume

Just picked up a 2021 23ZX and would like some input on stereo set-up.

What are you auto volume settings? Is there a tutorial on how to properly set this up?

Our volume goes from 0 right to 5 with 5 being too loud to have a conversation. Any idea how to get the volume to a quieter level so we can talk with music playing while idling? I’d prefer not to have to shut off zones to have a manageable low volume.

If you have any other input on the stereo in this boat, please let us know.

We just got a '22 23ZX and the tower speakers were way too loud, and cabin speakers too quiet. Im not quite sure about the auto volume part (I can look into that tomorrow), but there are a couple ways to throttle back the stereo loudness/equal out the zones.

First way: Tap the music icon on your screen. then click the tab w/3 horizontal lines in the middle of the screen. This will give you volume control for all the zones, and master. Theres also an EQ button on there (I did notice that the EQ on mine does not adjust anything however).

Second way (Which I used, because it's more permanent): Adjust the "Gain" on your amps (Located under port side seat opposite the captains seat). You will need to remove the lower plate on your amps (Allen wrench) and adjust the gains for the different channels (using small flathead screwdriver). Mine has 2 amps, the top controlled the cabin speakers and sub, while the lower amp controlled the tower speakers.

I just isolated the volume to different zones using the first method i mentioned, then adjusted the gain for that channel until the volume was appropriate for the percent volume on the dial. The tower speakers i tuned the gain down quite a bit, and the rest of the channels i ended up boosting the gain, especially the subwoofer channel. Took about 30 minutes of tinkering to dial in the volume and sound to my liking.

Hope this helps, and i will look into the auto volume tomorrow.

Comment

Looked into the Auto Volume. It is on the music screen. You tap the 3 horizontal line icon in the middle, and the the auto volume will be on the LH side of the screen. I provided a couple SSs.

Comment

Working...
      X