No sound out of speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound out of speakers.

So I just purchased a 2013 z3 with the wet sound system and tower speakers. The speakers are not working and the amp is blinking red. Looks like 1 big then 5 faster. The second amp has no power light. Radio has power. Was wondering how to fix it. Any help would be great.

Are they both the shiny stainless amps? Is it the larger of the 2 thats flashing the 15? Thats pretty much a terminal failure. About the only thing you can do is confirm there is proper voltage across the 2 power cables.

Do the same on the amps that has no power light. Check voltage across the power cables, then across the main ground and the small turn-on terminal. Voltage = amp dead. No voltage, find the inline fuse holder by the batteries and check the fuse, make sure its connected to the battery or switch, make sure the ground cable(s) for the amp is connected.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes both shiny stainless amps. I will check that this week. Thank you

Comment

So I checked the power at the 6 channel amp was over 12 volts and the smaller amp was 0 volts. So would the 6 channel amp is dead? What about the smaller one

Comment

Yes, good chance the Syn-6 has failed terminally. As to the smaller Syn-2 with no voltage to across the power cables. Could be blown fuse or cable left off battery or switch.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Which speakers does the smaller amp run. I am going to check the battery and fuse on the amp. Also what is a good replacement amp for the 6 channel.

Comment

Small shiny amp powers the tower speakers.

Comment

Working...
              X