16' R22 Upgraded Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16' R22 Upgraded Stereo

Can anyone tell me what the factory upgrade included on my boat? I have rev10 tower speakers. I think everything else is standard. Want to know what amps I have and how are they wired. I'm assuming I have a six channel which powers the sub and boat speakers and the other amp powers the two tower speakers. Looking to tweak the system for better punch and sound. It's kinda mediocre.

New to the forum as I just picked up this boat recently.

Here's a shot of the tower speakers and amps
    Attached Files

Comment

If your boat has a single pair of tower speakers, then the only option above that, would be a 2nd pair of tower speakers. Amp stayed the same.

I think the 2016 was the last year of the polished stainless Syn series amps. So the Syn-6 powered the in-boats and woofer and a Syn-2 powered the tower.

Upgrade: Move the woofer to the Syn-2, use the Syn-6 for all 3 pair of in-boats and upgrade to a Syn-DX2.3HP for the tower speakers.

EDIT:

Looks like the HTX series amps, not the Syn. So thats an HTX-6 for the in-boats and woofer and HTX-2 for the tower speakers.

Plan stays the same. move the woofer to the HTX-2 and dedicate the HTX-6 for the in-boats. Syn-DX2.3HP for the tower speakers.
      Last edited by chpthril; 08-04-2021, 02:01 AM.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        If your boat has a single pair of tower speakers, then the only option above that, would be a 2nd pair of tower speakers. Amp stayed the same.

I think the 2016 was the last year of the polished stainless Syn series amps. So the Syn-6 powered the in-boats and woofer and a Syn-2 powered the tower.

Upgrade: Move the woofer to the Syn-2, use the Syn-6 for all 3 pair of in-boats and upgrade to a Syn-DX2.3HP for the tower speakers.

EDIT:

Looks like the HTX series amps, not the Syn. So thats an HTX-6 for the in-boats and woofer and HTX-2 for the tower speakers.

Plan stays the same. move the woofer to the HTX-2 and dedicate the HTX-6 for the in-boats. Syn-DX2.3HP for the tower speakers.
        ^^Mike nails it as usual. Only other thing to add before you go down this road....

You likely won't find the plastic collars that go around the top of the speaker like your rev 10s currently have. There'd be a decent aftermarket for a 3d printer nerd with time on his hands lol. So be ready to have a different look on the new pair. Some don't care but if you are type A/OCD it's gonna bother you.

Just a personal take on it, but Rev 8s on the inner mounts on the alpha Z help for tall folks or lage crowds on the boat. Can also add RGB rings and controller if you want to pull some wire. Second pair of revs powered as mentioned will rail while surfing.

IF you really want to go nuts the FA sub under the helm is underwhelming but there's no room behind it for much of a box. Adding a dual sub on port side/spotters locker with a vent is a sweet add on if you want more bottom end sound.

chpthril is the man to get you everything you need!!
        Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-04-2021, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks..............I thought I heard something about the oem amps having different specs. Any truth to that? I'm thinking a pre-amp would allow adjust the sound like I want it. How would I route........around the nose I presume? Had one on an old boat and loved it.

And, is the sub free air? Or is there an enclosure behind that wall? Boat is stored away from my house so I've only seen it once.

Comment

The HTX amps used on a 2016 are the same HTX amps I purchased last week for an upcoming build. No difference in specs.

Yes, the OEM woofer used by Tige is a true IB woofer, so of course, no small enclosure. The cavity behind the woofer, is the enclosure.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had 1 pair rev10’s for 2 seasons and I was not that impressed. This season we added a second pair with the 2.3HP amp mike recommended above and it’s a great match for those speakers. Seems like the second set added a lot of depth to the sound…

If I back down on gain, bump up the bass boost and drop crossover to 100hz, the mids actually have some decent depth to the sound. With this setup you have to be careful not to overdrive the woofer. But if you want for the revs to really scream I bump up the gain to where it should be, back off some on bass boost, and raise the crossover to 150-180hz and they are crazy loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any other options for the tower speaker amp? $1,100 is a bit steep for the wet sounds Syn-DX2.3HP unless I could find a good deal.

Comment

The Kicker KXMA1200.2 delivers the same wattage, but its not in stock anywhere I know of. For a single pair, the Fusion Signature series 4 chnl will deliver 400W rms to each pod. I think I have one in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    The Kicker KXMA1200.2 delivers the same wattage, but its not in stock anywhere I know of. For a single pair, the Fusion Signature series 4 chnl will deliver 400W rms to each pod. I think I have one in stock.

Send me a quote if you don't mind.

Comment

Anybody know what is the path for the wires which travel from the starboard side where the head unit is to the helm? Under carpet via bow?

Comment

Likely around the bow.

Comment

Working...
                        X