Replacement Weysound Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Weysound Speakers?

So it has finally happened... My 10 year old Rev 10's got brittle and the Admiral AKA the Girlfriend cranked the volume up all the way and blew them.

So first is there a DIY repair I could do to get by for a while? And second does wet sounds sell just the replacement speaker so I can keep my cans attached?

This is a question chpthril may have an idea for.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

You'd need to contact WS first but, you can remove them and send them in for repair.

Comment

I contacted Wet Sounds just recently regarding reconditioning my Rev 10's. They do not recondition them but I can buy just the speaker/driver somwhere in the $170 range each I believe is what they quoted me. That is speaker / driver only, not the crossover board inside the can.

Comment

Yes, you can get just replacement mid-bass drivers, depending on availability. Just need to know if they are the early gen steel basket or the later gen composite basket.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I tried to get the speaker out of the can but could not. Any ideas as to how to get it out without damaging the edge of the can?
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

With the grill removed and the 4 screws, support the driver by the horn flare. Us the palm of your other hand and smack the pod around the seam between the nose and main body. Driver should pop free.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X