Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet sounds no sound!

I heard a short pop sound and the stereo no longer has any sound

Gonna need a little more info here. Is there power to the head unit? Any lights on the amp? What amps/head unit do you have? Some Head Units have fuses in them, some amps do too.

Comment

Have not looked at the head unit yet, I will look at that tonight, Just looking for some info on where to start. Your response is helpful. Thank you.

Comment

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago... heard a "pop" followed by static. Sometimes the system would work for a while, others it would fail right away. Mine turned out to be a bad house battery.

Comment

with dc electrical and most electrical, start with the easy and cheapest.
          here is my workflow
          1. start with the boat fuses to the stereo that are on the boat
          2. check any fuses on pre amp and amps
          3. check fuses on radio/head unit
          4. if the radio is powering on but there is no sound out the amp see if the amp power indicator is on
          5. if no light see if you are getting 12v to the power leg
          6. if you are getting 12v check the remote (usually blue) wire for ignition 12v
          7. check grounds
          8. bang head against steering wheel
          9. pull amp and test a new one

Comment

Originally posted by SquibyMcfibbins View Post
            with dc electrical and most electrical, start with the easy and cheapest.
            here is my workflow
            1. start with the boat fuses to the stereo that are on the boat
            2. check any fuses on pre amp and amps
            3. check fuses on radio/head unit
            4. if the radio is powering on but there is no sound out the amp see if the amp power indicator is on
            5. if no light see if you are getting 12v to the power leg
            6. if you are getting 12v check the remote (usually blue) wire for ignition 12v
            7. check grounds
            8. bang head against steering wheel
            9. pull amp and test a new one
            Very good approach….trouble shooting 101, start with most basic stuff first… I would add to the top of the list stuff like is the volume turned up…lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

only bad fuse was an inline going to the tower controls. I will keep you updated. Fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
              X