Clarion CMD 6 and SMD DD-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion CMD 6 and SMD DD-1

I have a CMD 6 powering a Syn6 and 2 Syn 4’s. I bought a SMD DD-1 distortion detector to set my gains. The system sounds great so I know everything works, but I get zero signal through the dd-1. I was told it requires at least a voltage of 1.2 volts to function. I checked the RCA inputs at the amps and I get like .05volts at the pin and shield. What’s up? The system is concert level loud, why can’t I get a/c. voltage? My failure with the my multimeter and dd-1 tells me it’s me and not the instruments.

So the power light is on. Are you using their CD or other source for the proper frequency and amplitude? Do you get the 40hz and 1K hz lights with their respective tracks playing? Do you get the distortion light with either track?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My power light is on, battery voltage is 8.95. I’ve played the cd through the head unit and tones downloaded on my phone through USB. I never have gotten a signal light or either frequency lights. The distortion light will occasionally blink erratically. I’ve checked straight off the head unit and the amps outputs. Crossovers set to full.

Comment

I tested through the head unit also at the RCA’s. With my multimeter, I get like .05 volts. D’Amore said make sure everything is balanced to zero and set flat which it is. Is there something else in the head unit that like a pre-amp that can be turned off?

Comment

Besides FADE and BALANCE for the front and rear RCA outputs, the purple non-fade are the only outputs that are adjustable.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X