Clarion CMD6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion CMD6

Having some issues with stereo. The head unit no longer lights up at all. The only thing it will do is turn off the stereo once the remote turns the radio on. The remote seems to works as it should, but the screen on it is blank also. I'm leaning towards a bad head unit, any recommendations on a replacement? Will I need to get a new remote as well? Any tips or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Id start by disconnecting all wired remotes at the back of the CMD6, and then what the CMD6 does. A failed remote will lock up the main unit. Next, Id want to make sure I have good battery voltage across the head unit's ground and yellow B+ and ground and red switched IGN when the key is in the ACC position.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I won't be back to the boat until the morning, but I did try unplugging the remote and still got nothing from the head unit. I'm not sure if this is related but I found a corroded red wire in the engine bay that looked like it was once connected to a gray shielded 2 conductor had smaller gage wires, maybe 18 awg, it had an inline fuse attached to it... small fuse.

Comment

I've got 11.85 volts on yellow B+

Comment

I've got 11.85 volts on yellow B+

Comment

When I turn the radio on via the remote, I drop to 6 volts...

Comment

Whats the voltage between the red and black?
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X