Sub size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub size

Over the winter I purchased a 2007 24ve. It is basically a clean slate. I am adding ballasts. I plan to add a sub now and tower speakers next winter. I am thinking either a sealed JL 12” or 15” at the drivers foot area. Anyone have any recommendations on 12” vs 15”?

chp will chime in and have some great Kicker suggestions(and they make GREAT subs) SDC11583.JPG but for me, jl 12w6. had them in 3 boats including our 22ve in the footwell. great sub when pushed with 1000 watts. takes a small box so won't lose a lot of foot room.
    our last z3 we purchased came from a dude that used it as a party cove. it had a 13w7 under the pass. helm and it was insane if you want the biggest loudest out there.
    for us tho the 12w6 was a good price for a good thump.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I would see what size enclosure the boat will allow. Even a sealed enclosure for a 15" is going to be quite large. Likely in the neighborhood of a ported enclosure for a 12". A ported 12" would actually = greater surface area compared to a sealed 15"
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
        X