No power to head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power to head unit

I just finishing up an extensive project list, adding a 3rd amp and high output alternator among others. I had the entire transom removed. Everything works, except I have no power to the Clarion CMD 6. I tested from amp ground to the input side of the red power wire, nothing. I know there are many additional fuses and breakers, and it’s possible I missed a power lead somewhere. I added the larger positive lead to the starter and I was working pretty much by feel. Any suggestion? If I have too, I can jump the head unit to test, but I don’t want to. BTW ‘14 RZR.

I can really use some help. Update to the above situation. I cut the three wire input harness to the unit to check for current. With a jumper from the ground lug on the Medallion distribution panel, I have 12v at the red power wire, nothing on yellow memory and no continuity with the ground. Both the yellow and ground appear to be open circuits. I jump the ground from the panel to the unit, connected both yellow and red from unit to the hot red from boat harness and it powers up. Everything on the touch screen and remote works, however the display that replicates the radio screen for volume, channel etc is jibberish. I inspected every fuse I could find and all were good. I completely removed the batteries and enclosures looking for a forgotten lead, all were connected. I fired up the engine today and everything works. Another interesting thing is once the unit is powered up, the ground jumper can be removed and it continues to play. Does anybody know the routing and where the memory and ground are connected. The harness runs around the bow, I removed the speakers to inspect, but there are too many similar color wires. The yellow memory is but connected to a white wire in the harness. One of the pics shows a single black and a single white wire, that looks like they were wire nutted together. I do not know where they came from, but it looks like they run along with the in-boat speaker wires. Anybody have an idea what they are for? I’d appreciate any advise, I can run new wires but I do not want to do that. If I had a schematic, I would not have a problem troubleshooting, I just don’t know how the system is designed. Thanks for any help. Btw system sounds fantastic.

Comment

On a factory installed system: The head unit BLACK and YELLOW would be terminated at the Syn-6's main power cable terminals. The head unit red is the switched IGN turn-on. This is all the head unit needs to power up.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That was the answer. They must have been behind the power cables and when I disconnected to install ferrels, I did not see them. Thanks you. Btw - 2600 watts and every electrical component running, including heat and ballast pumps, the new alternator is measuring 14.4 volts at idle.

Comment

Working...
        X