Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet Sounds LED ring controller replacement Help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Sounds LED ring controller replacement Help???

2013 z3
    the controller for my LED rings no longer works at all, I can not even power them down.
    I talked to Wet Sounds and they said I would need a whole new set up. not he rings just a controller and a box? Is this right?

Good question. When I bought my RZX3 a few years ago it did not come with the remote. Later on the dealer sent me a new kit. As I recall I just opened it up and took the remote out and used it with the original box. I can't remember much of the details, but I think I needed to press a button on the box for the remote to learn it?

Either way, I'm guessing WetSounds is telling you that because you must not be able to buy just the remote. As was the case with me, they sent a new kit.

Comment

my remote looks nothing like the new remotes...

Comment

I this what all I need?

https://www.wetsounds.com/product/RF-RFB-MC-V2

Comment

So the lights do not turn off from the tige touch? What about using the remote to turn them off. Do they go off when you pull the power harness?

Barring some sort of short to B+ on the power harness or a short to B+ in the LED harness between the lights and the controller, yes, you need a new controller
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            So the lights do not turn off from the tige touch? What about using the remote to turn them off. Do they go off when you pull the power harness?

Barring some sort of short to B+ on the power harness or a short to B+ in the LED harness between the lights and the controller, yes, you need a new controller
            Tige' Touch? No idea. My light rings never worked with Tige' touch, or if they did I had no idea they were linked together.
            At the beginning of last season, the controller/remote was getting finnicky. It would turn the lights on, I may have had to push the buttons a few times in different little spots and strength to get it to switch colors or turn off....then one day, I turned the lights on...and they will not go off. I have to turn the batteries off to get the LED rings off, and when I turn the batteries back on the LED's come on

Comment

I highly doubt the internals are really all that different from the Amazon version and this is what I bought for my boat....for a hell of a lot less than hte WS one: https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Co...8006396&sr=8-7

Comment

Originally posted by MJO21 View Post

Tige' Touch? No idea. My light rings never worked with Tige' touch, or if they did I had no idea they were linked together.
                At the beginning of last season, the controller/remote was getting finnicky. It would turn the lights on, I may have had to push the buttons a few times in different little spots and strength to get it to switch colors or turn off....then one day, I turned the lights on...and they will not go off. I have to turn the batteries off to get the LED rings off, and when I turn the batteries back on the LED's come on
                On a 2013, that RGB controller could be completely aftermarket and not turned on/off by the TT. In later years, there was a tower light button that powered the controller on and off.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                  I highly doubt the internals are really all that different from the Amazon version and this is what I bought for my boat....for a hell of a lot less than hte WS one: https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Co...8006396&sr=8-7
                  I run all the LED rings in my wet sounds with a Kicker led controller. If it’s not integrated into the screen, it probably doesn’t matter which brand you use. It’s just voltage and 3 color controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X