Sub under front filler cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub under front filler cushion

Has anyone ever done this? Would love to drop a 10 up there. My single 12 is not making me happy, and we use our storage space. I could probably put a 12 in the passenger locker, but concerned I won’t hear it and don’t want to cut holes in the fiberglass for a vent... thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 12” JL in a nice box in the observers locker. No vent. It flat out pounds. Vibrates the water all around us and makes the cup holders pop out of their holes.
    when it is just my family we take the sub. We pull it out if we have a lot of other people coming as we need the storage space it takes up.

what boat do you have?

Comment

Are you up to building a ported enclosure under the helm?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

A 22ve. I already have a 12 under the dash in the existing sub location. that frankly may need more power. It’s on a bridge channel 1/2 on an htx6. I think I’m hindsight I should have just put it on a mono block. I dunno

I’m still unclear where “under the helm” will be. Sitting in front of the existing 12 on the ground? Will it affect the other 12? I’ve seen you suggest that a few times mike but I’m lost

Comment

Your available wattage is at the upper end of the woofer's peak power handling. So more power wont help.

What will help, is going from a free-air to a ported enclosure. This equals added driver surface area, i.e. adding another woofer.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

having had both you mention, I never had a complaint from my jl 12w6 under the helm of our old 22ve. it flat out pounded. we fed it with a ks1000.1 arc amp. last boat had a 13w7 under the helm and like unstuck it was crazy loud so we put our 12w6 under the helm in the current boat and same thing. it's loud. old boat did have a vent in it so I put one of the roswell vents in this one as well. took all of 30 minutes to install and it looks factory. cutting a vent in isn't hard and can look oem if you take your time in vent selection and placement. I'm not real sure how much difference the vent really makes tho.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I’ve built big stereos on my boats and if you want it to hammer and hammer loud run a xxx12 in the passenger compartment and one in the drivers helm with potted boxes and put the power to it .
              surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Your available wattage is at the upper end of the woofer's peak power handling. So more power wont help.

What will help, is going from a free-air to a ported enclosure. This equals added driver surface area, i.e. adding another woofer.
                Should I run both? Rather can I run both?

Comment

Switching from one to another would be removing one and replacing it another. So no, not running both of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    Switching from one to another would be removing one and replacing it another. So no, not running both of anything.
                    So just mount the box behind the helm panel? Like screw it on?

Do I need a different sub or will the free air work and just hit harder against the box?

Want to make me one?

Comment

I went from the single OEM WS sub to adding a second which helped but was still lacking to removing it all and replacing the subs with new boxes. The help on the 22ve has quite a bit of room that you can put a sub box in front of the wall and still have quite a bit of foot room. My second sub is in the passenger front locker with the box standing on end. It was a massive upgrade.....even if you just did a single.
                      Attached Files

Comment

it would be a sizable box, and would require a square cut opening in the helm wall, then the box would slide into the opening.

We would swap you to the woofer intended for a small enclosure, rather then run the FA woofer in a small enclosure.

Comment

Working...
                        X