Wetsounds SYN 6 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetsounds SYN 6 upgrade

Good afternoon everyone. Upgrading my audio on my 2020 R20, which only came factory with only 4 in-boat Wet sounds Recon speakers powered with Wet sounds 2-channel HTX

I have bought a pair of WS REV 8s for my tower. Planning on powering them from the existing 2-channel HTX amplifier.
    In addition purchased a WS SYN6 to run the 8 in-boat and WS recon 10” sub.
    Would this amp be able to power 8 WS Recon 6.5 coaxial and the 10” Recon sub?
    I was thinking of running the 8 in-boat speakers on channels 1-4 wired in parallel @2 ohms and the sub on channels 5-6? With the REV 8s towers bridged on the 2-channel.

Would this be okay? Would you wire it a different way. I’m new to this, opinions help me out greatly and are very appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subscribed to this to follow. I'll post up my experience after I pull the boat out this weekend.
    we have an r23 with the htx6 amp. I added 2 more amps and could NOT get the other amps to run off the tige clear screen. ended up adding a separate HU.

based on what you have, it's how I would wire up the system. 1 amp for tower and the 6 ch for the in boats and sub. there's likely several ways to hook it up and none will be wrong. that's the route I would take tho.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

What ever dealer you purchased the 2 pair of additional in-boats, woofer, rev-8 and amp from, should be more then willing to take the time to explain in detail how to best make use of the equipment you have purchased.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Most was purchased from Crutchfield online over the course of the last couple months. I don’t believe they have the knowledge and wisdom as some on this thread.

Comment

They are an authorized dealer.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have 6 Wet Sounds 6.5” in boats and 10” Recon sub powered by a ‘14 Syn6, and a pair of Rev 8’s powered from a Syn4. The sub is bridged as you suggest to channels 5/6. I don’t remember off the top of my head how the in boats are wired series or parallel,other than channels 1 through 4 of course. I have it drawn out, I’ll look for it. If you search my threads from a few years ago, I have the wiring detailed. In short, it sounds fantastic and I always get complements. I’m adding an additional pair of Rev 8’s with another Syn4 this spring.

Comment

Odd to find an HTX-2 installed to power 4 in-boats. Usually, 4 in-boats was only powered by head unit. Also, is that HTX-2 an OEM DSP? This could be an issue repurposing it to any other configuration.

Comment

Yes, the HTX 2 is what came from the factory. I’m not sure how they are wired but, I know it powers all 4 in boats

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
                  I have 6 Wet Sounds 6.5” in boats and 10” Recon sub powered by a ‘14 Syn6, and a pair of Rev 8’s powered from a Syn4. The sub is bridged as you suggest to channels 5/6. I don’t remember off the top of my head how the in boats are wired series or parallel,other than channels 1 through 4 of course. I have it drawn out, I’ll look for it. If you search my threads from a few years ago, I have the wiring detailed. In short, it sounds fantastic and I always get complements. I’m adding an additional pair of Rev 8’s with another Syn4 this spring.
                  Thanks for your comment. I think I’m going on I try to power 8 6.5 on channels 1-4 in parallel from my SYN 6. These are low wattage speakers so I don’t think there will be any issues. I am no means a expert. I’m just learning. These threads and online forums are extremely helpful.

Comment

I’m going to pm you with some correspondence I’ve had with others.

Comment

Working...
                    X