Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best wiring setup (helping a buddy with an install) Chp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wiring setup (helping a buddy with an install) Chp??

Chp and stereo gang,

My buddy was just gifted a new stereo for his 2001 Malibu and because I installed the my system on my old boat (with the help of Chp!) my buddy wnats me to help him...it's been a couple years and I'm trying to remember the wiring setup (gauge, brand, etc) so I'm coming to the experts here...Below is the setup:

- WS 420 for the HU
    - Existing Clarion Amp that will be powering 4 new 6.5 Kicker in-boats

Adding:
    - A single pair of Rev8's
    - WS REVO12 PSE
    - WS Syn DX6 Amp

If I remember right I believe it was 1/0 gauge running from the battery to the distro block. From there I can't remember wire gauge and would love some input not only on gauge but how you guys would hook the two tower speakers and the sub up to the amp (bridge, no bridge?) , etc

Thanks dude! Just don't want to lead him astray...had it not been gifted I would have pointed him to Chp for the buy.....

I ram 4 gauge to the amps from the distro Make sure the old clarion amp supports that gauge though. The syn definitely does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whats the specs on the existing Clarion? If its an older Clarion, it may accept a spade terminal, making fitting it with 4ga tough.

The Syn-DX6 is a consumer model, not an OEM DSP, correct?

If the batteries are in the port locker, which is common on many generations of Bu's, your cable runs will be short, which impacts the cable gauge.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Whats the specs on the existing Clarion? If its an older Clarion, it may accept a spade terminal, making fitting it with 4ga tough.

The Syn-DX6 is a consumer model, not an OEM DSP, correct?

If the batteries are in the port locker, which is common on many generations of Bu's, your cable runs will be short, which impacts the cable gauge.
        I'll get the specs on the Clarion. The Syn-DX6 is a consumer model and everything else is aftermarket including the old(er) stuff so hopefully the larger gauge stuff will work

Comment

Also I'll find out where his batteries are located...good call Chp didn't even think about that and just assumed they were located in the rear like my R21....

Comment

So found out the batteries are in the rear like my R21. The Clarion amp is an APX280

Comment

So here is how i would run this setup;

2 pair in-boats on the 2 chnl clarion. Good power, but no fade. Likely not a concern since the 3 zone ws420 is in the mix

woofer bridged on chnls 5/6 and tower speakers bridged on chnls 1/2 and 3/4.

You will need to use 8ga cable for the clarion. Much easier to find an 8ga terminal that will fit the amp v's 4ga. Besides, 4ga is WAY overkill, especially if you do a trunk/branch setup with a distribution block close to the amps.

4 ga for the DS6.

By the numbers, a 2ga trunk line from the battery/switch to the amp area, would get it done. If I would do this build, id use 1/0ga. Its more readily available and it also allows room amperage wise, for future expansion.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X