Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04 22i sub recommendation

Hey all,

I was on here a while back discussing a build. Things have changes. I put 4 kicker 6.5's in and am now working on the sub. I have a JL MV1000-5i with 600 watts dedicated to the sub. The problem I am running into is most, if not all IB's are 4 ohm. This means if I got the JL 12ib, it would only be getting 300 watts. This is going in an 04 22i. I am trying to yet the most out of the amp I have. Do I run 2 10ib's, or use car grade 12 and have a box built. Or ideally is there a marine grade 12 with 600rms at 2 ohms?

Thanks!
    Brian

The Wet Sounds Revo-12FA-S2 is 2 ohm and will handle that 600W rms. Comes in white and black and there is an optional LED ring as well as a grill mounted LED puck that lights up the cone.

Now, two 4 ohm 10's would be more surface are then a single 12. So worth considering if you have the space to mount them side by side, and im pretty sure the 22I does under the helm.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike! The WS 12ib would be plenty loud for hearing outside the boat?

However, you are saying it would be better to run 2 FA 10's instead of 1 12?

Comment

Outside the boat as in floating on anchor, behind the boat, or for a rider/surfer?

More speaker surface area = more output.
        Last edited by chpthril; 12-12-2020, 11:49 PM.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I want be able to hear my sub while outside. Not necessarily far from the boat, but would like good bass. I plan on getting JL 880's for the tower so that should handle anything behind the boat

Comment

An 8" coaxial is great for surfing/party cove listening, but may be lacking for wake range projection. Also, ANY tower speaker is going to be limited to mid-bass reproduction behind the boat.

Comment

Great, this gets me going in the right direction. Thanks!

Comment

Going to bring this back to the top instead of starting a new thread. I ended up getting 2 WS 12FA's in the boat, so that worked out nicely. Now I am in the planning stages for the JL M6 880's, what amp is recommended for that? I know the RMS is 125, but pretty much everyone says that is way underpowered for those.

Comment

Will these be in-boat speakers? How many?

Comment

Sorry, 2 of the 880 tower speakers.

Comment

Been looking at the JL MHD600/4, not sure if 300rms is good for those or a bit overkill.

Comment

Did you post this up in a facebook group?

My choice would be the Kicker KXMA5004 @ 250W rms x 2. Or if you think 2 more could be added, then the KXMA12002 would be off the hook. 300W rms available to each.

Comment

Hah, I did. I trust your opinion but was looking for more input. I should have figured you were there as well

Comment

In a tower setup, solid wattage is the most important. Someone mentioned the JL MVi4004. Good wattage, but honestly, DSP is wasted on a tower setup. So the extra cost to have the in-amp DSP may not be a return on investment. Honestly, the MVi6002 is a better choice for a tower setup as it would allow for a 2nd set to be added.

Comment

Working...
                            X