2019 R21 - Static/Feedback in tower speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 R21 - Static/Feedback in tower speakers

I have a 2019 R21 with feedback/static coming through my tower speakers, Icon 8”. I’ve tried turning the tower speaker volume to “0” in the Tige Touch stereo screen but still get it. It only happens intermittently but the only way I can get it to stop is to turn off the screen. Any thoughts on what could be the issue and what the remedy may be? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Does it do it with the motor running or off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Both. Tried pulling fuses and checking the RCA connections under the dash.

Comment

First, listen very close to the in-boats, to make sure its not omitting from them also. If its only from the speakers, then with the system off, disconnect the RCA from the tower amp, power system on. If the noise is gone, then its entering into the signal path before the amp. If the noise is still there, then its being generated by the amp.

If its the OEM audio option, check with your Tige dealer. There was a service bulletin regarding noise, but I do not know how many model years it covered.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I’ll try that.

Comment

Forgot to clarify, the static is only coming from the tower speakers; the inboards and sub are Ok.

And yes, it’s the OEM audio setup.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X