No announcement yet.

04 22i audio upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In simple terms, yes, you cut a hole in a wall, mount the woofer to it, back of woofer is open in the locker/cavity behind it. An infinite-baffle/free-air woofer uses the large cavity behind it, as its "enclosure". A quality IB woofer will be built a little different then a woofer intended for a small enclosure.

IB woofers are great for those boats that just do not lend themselves to do a proper enclosure somewhere. Also a great option for those not looking to to build an enclosure.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well, with what Bamer put about the 10" FA keeping up with Rev 10's and Mike's "endorsing" use of FA in my situation, I am leaning to the WS FA 12" 400w. Seems like that should keep up with pretty much anything I am planning to put on the boat for the short term and possibly long term. Pairing that with 4 65w kickers is 660rms. So what amp am I looking for? 700.5 - 75X4 and 400.1?

Comment

So not knowing your budget... I run my towers and sub on a WS HTX6 - My 12" Kicker FA Sub hits just fine on 300W RMS (More is always better, but it works for me). With that you would be 100x4 and 300x1 in your case (I'm actually at 300 x 3). I bet Mike will get it to your for better then list price... But who knows in this COVID world
        Last edited by BrentP; 06-19-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Mike was saying I can get a 5 channel amp to run the IB speakers and the sub. Would be nice to get all that set up on 1 amp, so when I add tower speakers I am just adding those and 1 more amp, matching the speaker rms per speaker *4 equaling the total amp rms. I just cant seem to find the right 5 channel amp for the IB.

Comment

I guess something like this for the IB speakers and sub...

Kenwood KAC-M8005
            5-Channel Marine Class-D Amplifier (800W RMS)

• 50 Watts RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms + 300 watts x 1 chan.
            • 75 Watts RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms + 500 watts x 1 chan.
            • Bridged: 150 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms
            • Total Peak Power: 1600 Watts
            • CEA-2006 Compliant
            • Variable high-pass filter: 50 - 200 Hz, 12dB/octave
            • Variable low-pass filter: 50 - 200 Hz, 24 dB/octave (sub)
            • Extruded Aluminum Heat Sink Design
            • Dimensions: 9"W x 7 3/8"L x 2 3/16"H

Comment

Originally posted by BC18471 View Post
              Mike was saying I can get a 5 channel amp to run the IB speakers and the sub. Would be nice to get all that set up on 1 amp, so when I add tower speakers I am just adding those and 1 more amp, matching the speaker rms per speaker *4 equaling the total amp rms. I just cant seem to find the right 5 channel amp for the IB.
              A 5 or 6 chnl is certainly a good option, but this is why I wait till all the speakers are chosen, then its easier to pair up the amp.

Dont worry about adding up speaker and woofer RMS. Those are guidelines.

With a woofer like the Revo-12FA, 400W rms would be my absolute minimum id want to drive it with. That woofer has some real potential, so it want to tap that. Id want to be in the 600W rms range, not anything wrong with 400 rms. I would go with Wet Sounds Syn-DX6. This gives up to 100W rms for 3 pair of in-boats and 600W rms for the woofer. Or, and HTX-1 for the woofer and HTX-4 for thein-boats. Same wattage, but the HTX-1 mono is a little better option for the FA woofer.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I think I am sold on the Kicker 45KM654L. They are 65rms and the sub is rated at 400, but you are saying drive it with 600, so I'd be looking at an amp with RMS: 100 Watts x 4 + 600 Watts x 1 @ 2 ohms?

Comment

The Revo-12FA comes in either 2 or 4 ohm, so it would pair with either of the amps mentioned above.

Comment

The 12” sub has 45% more surface area than the 10%. More surface plus more power, I’m sure the 12 will rock over the 10!!!!!!

In fact I think I heard the 2020’s come with the 12” now instead of the 10” like mine has.....anyone know if this is true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe KoolAid can clarify, but ive heard a 12 is an option and/or there is a 2nd woofer option available.

Yes, surface are is king. A larger woofer is more efficient then a smaller woofer at moving air. It would take a ton more power to the smaller woofer to compensate.

Comment

Just looking at the build website, the 12 is part of top 2 options. The 12 wasn’t available last year when I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't tell you enough how much I have learned from you guys since joining. That said, I am done beating around the bush. Here is what I am will likely build unless you guys have advice which I am still willing to take. To reiterate, I would love to do a full WS build, but unfortunately that isn't in the cards at this time. =( The one thing I am still not sure about is what ohm to run for speakers/sub

Amp - Pioneer GM-D9705 - Will power IB speakers and sub
                          • 5 Channel Champion Series Class D Amplifier w/ Wired Bass Boost Remote
                          • Max Power Rating:
                            • 4 ohms: 150 watts x 4 chan. + 700 watts x 1 chan.
                            • 2 ohms: 200 watts x 4 chan. + 1200 watts x 1 chan.
                            • Bridged, 4 ohms: 400 watts x 2 chan.
                          • RMS Power Rating:
                            • 4 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan. + 350 watts x 1 chan.
                            • 2 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan. + 600 watts x 1 chan.
                            • Bridged, 4 ohms: 200 watts x 2 chan.
                          • Total power output: 2000 watts Max
                          IB Speakers - Kicker OEM Replacement Charcoal 6.5" 4-Ohm Coaxial Marine Speakers (2 Pair)
                          • Pair of Kicker OEM Replacement Charcoal Grey 6" / 6.5" 4-Ohm Coaxial Marine Speakers
                          • 390 Watts Peak Power Per Pair / 195 Watts Peak Power Each Speaker
                          • 130 Watts RMS Power Per Pair / 65 Watts RMS Each Speaker
                          • Vivid Multi Color LED Accent Illumination

Sub - Wet Sounds REVO 12 FA S2-B Black Free Air 2 Ohm 12 Inch Subwoofer
                          400RMS sub, Mike recommends run at 600, so I will

Comment

Correct a pair of 12" subs is an option. One in the observer has an enclosure with passive radiator.
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                            X