Tower Speaker Recommendations Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Speaker Recommendations Needed

Recently purchased an '08 22ve with e-series tower. Boat came pre-wired for tower speakers as previous owner must have removed prior to trading in and dealer didn't replace. Below is the current setup:

Clarion CMD5 Stereo
    Kicker ZX350.4 4-channel amp
    Kicker ZX700.5 5-channel amp
    Wet Sound Speakers x 5 (2 in bow, 1 behind capts chair, and 2 in main cabin seating area)
    Wet Sounds Sub under captains feet compartment
    Tower Speakers - Missing but wiring is there and ready to plug and play for two tower speakers

Have no clue why there are two Amps - anyone?
    Is this a stock setup for an 08 22ve or did previous owner add a few upgrades already?

Needs:
    Bluetooth - CDM5 says there is a bluetooth adapter but is it worth buying the adapter vs upgrading the deck?
    Tower Speakers - Not looking for anything that will blow the doors off, just feel there should be sound coming from towers and want to cover the holes where the wire is protruding.

Thanks in advance. Not looking to spend a ton of money and don't need top of the line tower speakers, just something to fill the holes and is compatible with current equipment.

Wet Sounds Rev 8 or 10’s are always a good choice. Not crazy expensive and sound great. If you can simply add a Bluetooth device, that may be the best route. You never know what unintended consequences result from swapping head units. One amp is for the inboats and sub, and the other amp powers the tower speakers.

Comment

The ZX350.4 would have been for those missing tower speakers.

If the head unit and any remotes work, id add a universal bluetooth to it. If there are no remotes, id consider a new unit with integrated bluetooth.

For surf/part cove listening, a pair of 8" coaxial tower speakers will do well. Something like the Kicker KMTC8 or Wet Sounds Icon-8.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I ordered 4 of the kicker 8's chpthril mentioned, paired with the rockville enclosures. They also come in singles. Best bang for the buck I could find, without going with cheap garbage. I'm pretty happy with the quality.
        https://www.amazon.com/KICKER-45KM84...5-4be35d7258cc

Comment

So that’s 600W rms, I bet they will sound pretty good....if you don’t mind me asking what was the total cost for speaker and enclosures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So that’s 600W rms,
            Not really, thats just the recommended power handling target of the speakers. Sound quality and volume would depend on the amp's actual wattage and of course, the quality of the amp and source. In other words, a 150W rms rated speaker and a 50W rms rated speaker would both perform the same, weather powered by an 18W head unit or a 75W amp. The rating has no barring.

In the OP's scenario, it would 65W rms to 4 pods or 175W rms each to a single pair.

With that said, the Kicker KM8 is a phenomenal sounding speaker. I like to drive them in the 200W rms range, to each.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike, i agree. I didn’t pay attention the the amp’s output capability......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X