need some help for my buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some help for my buddy

my buddy has these t-fushion speakers on his tower and the crappy amp he had in there took a crap .. i am not sure what amp to tell him to get for these speakers.. any help would be great..

here is the link for the specs on them

http://www.gotriver.com/fusion_tower...s_5.25_6.5.htm

Well, looking at a few websites that sell them, and all have left out one key ingredient,he speaker pods internal impedance. The impedance, load in Ohm's, is what determines and amp's output in watts. The sites state that they need 200 watts RMS for ea speaker pod, but we dont know whether this is at 2ohm's, 4 ohm's or what.

My recommendation at this point would be the Wet Sounds Syn2 (200 watts at 4ohm or 350 watts at 2 ohm's) or the Kicker zx550.2 (205 watts @ 4ohm's & 275 watts & 2ohms) or the JVC KS-AR7002 (150 watts @ 4 ohm's or 230 watts @ 2 ohm's)
    Last edited by chpthril; 09-06-2009, 01:20 PM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Kana,
      I will sell your buddy that JL Audio 4 channel M4300 amp for $80. I used it for about 10 months.

David
      If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

^^^ Skyski, not trying to beat you out of a sale, just want to make sure he gets the correct recommendations. 1st, That amp would only work IF those are 4ohm pods, because bridging the amp into 2chnl mode would be the only way to get the needed power. That amp, as well as most, are not stable when bridged at less then 4ohm's. 2nd, even at 140 watts x 2, that is boarder line too little.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thanks for the great info. ill call and see if he cant figure out what they are at the pods. cant he do that thru a meter? like a volt meter that has ohm in it?

Comment

Originally posted by kana12 View Post
            thanks for the great info. ill call and see if he cant figure out what they are at the pods. cant he do that thru a meter? like a volt meter that has ohm in it?
            That works perfectly, or if he has the owners manual for them. other wise, call Fusion. Not sure though, cause I couldn't find a Fusion website

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              ^^^ Skyski, not trying to beat you out of a sale, just want to make sure he gets the correct recommendations. 1st, That amp would only work IF those are 4ohm pods, because bridging the amp into 2chnl mode would be the only way to get the needed power. That amp, as well as most, are not stable when bridged at less then 4ohm's. 2nd, even at 140 watts x 2, that is boarder line too little.
              Thats fine... The only reason I mentioned it is that I live about 5 miles from him. Just trying to help
              If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Working...
              X