Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo upgrade. Need some help

Hi,

I have a 2007 Tigé 20V and I would like to upgrade the stereo.
    My boat is currently equipped with a Clarion CMD4 stereo system and 4 Kicker speakers. I am thinking to buy a set of tower speakers Kicker 07KMT6, a subwoofer Kicker 09KM10 and an amplifier Kicker MX 350.4. Is this a good choice? Any feedback or any other recommendation will be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by chatele View Post
    Hi,

I have a 2007 Tigé 20V and I would like to upgrade the stereo.
    My boat is currently equipped with a Clarion CMD4 stereo system and 4 Kicker speakers. I am thinking to buy a set of tower speakers Kicker 07KMT6, a subwoofer Kicker 09KM10 and an amplifier Kicker MX 350.4. Is this a good choice? Any feedback or any other recommendation will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Not trying to blow you budget, but i'd like to make a couple of suggestions that will help you get the most out of what you go with. First, you could realistically power a pair of KTM6's and the SKM10 off the mx350.4. This would give you 175 watts rms to the skm10, which is ok, but it will leave the KTM6's way under powered with only 85 watts (need to confirm this amount, but i'm close) which is far less then the recommended 150 watts.

For the KTM6's the perfect amp is the zx450.2

now, for the rest od the set up, I recommend looking at the Comp VR104 sub, as it will drop right in to the factory pre-cut location and does not require an enclosure, and the mx750.4 to power the sub and your 4 cabin speakers that are currently running off the head unit. This would give you 420 watts to the sub and 75 to each cab speaker, which will be a night and day diff.

If you dont want to go this route right now, then still look at the Comp VR104 and the zx400.1 to power it.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X