Wet Sounds Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Sounds Update!

Just got some more detailed info from Tim on the new SS65 cabin speaker. They are ready for shipping and here is what he sent me:

"[I]SS-65 is 60 watts rms 120 watts peak. 40HZ to 20Khz. 89 db at 1 watt 1 meter. Same composite cone and rubber surround and rubber spider as the xs-650. With a special mylar tweeter. Smaller magnet. So looks wise, same grille as the xs-650. I have designed and tooled a new frame that is a 5 inch cut out. Retail = $149]"

Also, the long awaited 2 Ohm DVC versions of the XS10-FA and XS-12 where finally released earlier this month. These 2 new additions will give you the ability to bridge an amp @ 4ohms, for example, the XS-12D2 can be bridged on chnls 5/6 of the Syn6 for a total of 600W's rms

I know Tim has mentioned the new SS grills for the tower speakers, which current owners can upgrade to.

There is more in the works but I'll let Tim share more if he wants , but looks like some cool chit rolling out pretty soon
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Awesome updates!

Now if only the tower speakers were all 2 ohm speakers - would make life so much easier,er uh, sorry cheaper! LOL!

Comment

pics of the new SS grills?

Comment

I got a pair of 80's coming in Wed. or Thurs, I'll get a couple shots.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Here are a couple of shots of the new Pro80's with the new SS grills. I didnt peel off the protective film though.

Comment

Has the enclosure changed any? The speaker, how big of a gap is there between the molding and the grills? Looks very close that they might hit each other.

This is an observation from a picture so that is why I am asking.

Comment

Sorry, Da, I got them all boxed back up. I think the pics are just deceiving, dont thinks its as close as it looks. Tim may chime in, but I dont think the outside of the enclosure has really changed other then the grill.

Comment

It's okay. I do know pictures are the issue here. Deciving for sure. Depending upon the amount of mid bass that is output from those speaks would be the issue. More so with the MB8's than the pro80's for sure.

I sure the distance hasn't changed from 2009 to 2010

Tim, where are you??????

Comment

http://tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10677

Better pics and more info. Grille is same but painted with a stainless overlay versus complete chrome plate. So same overall grille but really changes the look. It Pops more IMHO

No clearance issues as it is the same as always. Pics are throwing you off. We have beefed up the driver using a thicker cone and thicker surround. And new adhesives.

Tim
                  Wet Sounds

Comment

Originally posted by wetsounds1 View Post
                    http://tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10677

Better pics and more info. Grille is same but painted with a stainless overlay versus complete chrome plate. So same overall grille but really changes the look. It Pops more IMHO

No clearance issues as it is the same as always. Pics are throwing you off. We have beefed up the driver using a thicker cone and thicker surround. And new adhesives.

Tim
                    Wet Sounds

Tim, thanks for clarifying this. I didn't think it was an issue but wanted to make sure. As always, the product that you push out to consumers is

Thanks

Comment

Pics!

Finally got some pics of the new Wet Sounds Tower speakers !

These are the new XTS-650 and SST-65 series Tower speakers. They are the Pro60 enclosure loaded with either the xs-650 or new ss-65 drivers, and they come in white or black and include a power-coated clamp.

Also, I see that there are a couple of new additions to the XS line - an XS-650-B has a silver grill, but a new black cone, and the XS-650-W has a closed white grill.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X