Suggestions for mounting a driver's side remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for mounting a driver's side remote

I just installed an Alpine system in my boat, a 2000 22i, and I need some ideas on where and how to mount the MC10 remote. If you are not familiar with it, this remote is approx a 3.75 inch radius and is roughly 3 inches deep. I don't have any openings in my instrument panel and have been considering a gauge pod to the side of the instrument panel.

Does any one have any ideas on how to mount it??

Thanks in advance,

Rodg

That's about the size of perfect pass or the the Clarion remote. Maybe someone that year/model boat will post a pic of there's. A pic of your dash may help with getting suggestions as well. Look for a spot that would allow for a 3" hole and 3" clearance for the depth. Also keep in mind, if the head unit's mounted on the passenger side, is the remotes cable long enough.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Actually I think this remote may be a bit larger than the Clarion remote. I did not describe it well; it has nearly a 4 inch width from left to right (not sure what the actual circumference would be. I don't have to worry about wires with this one because it is "wireless" (with the exception of power wires). I will post pics of my dash when I get home, but it is probably going to have to be mounted above, below, or to the side of the dash.

On a side note..... while installing the transciever for the MC10 it somehow burned itself out. I noted after installing the system that the shrink wrapped circuit board was too hot to touch. We shut down the power and tested all the connections to make sure it was only getting 12 volts (which it was). The next day I tried to use the remote and it would recieve information from the Alpine radio (I could see the song being played on the mp3 player or what channel the stereo was on), but I could not get the remote to control the stereo. I inspected the transciever and found it had burned through some of the shrink wrap and fried the circuit board.

Has anyone had any experience with this remote? I know they went through a recall at the begining of the summer due to an 80% failure rate.....

Rodg

Comment

Working...
      X