songs for a stereo competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

songs for a stereo competition

Hey guys would like to get a list of different song to use for a stereo competition. need three different songs for; Bass, mids/highs and overall loudness.
    in the past i have used; T.I.-whatever you like (for the bass), and drowning pool - bodies, and (i think) disturbed-down with the sickness.
    i tried some magic mike for the bass but T.I. hit harder, and i might try some new metallica as it hits some good highs.
    additional suggestions appreciated.

Slipknot, Wait and Bleed. Surprising bass in that song plus it's good for overall loudness.
    But with these type of songs you might scare people away.

Master P is always good for BASS "Make Them Say UGH"

For Mids and highs ACDC "shook me all night long" is a good one.

Guns N Roses sweet child of mine" is good for overall loudness.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

For opening..its kinda short but try it...

1. Outkast- Speakerbox
      2. Hurrican Chris- Hand Clap
      3. Lil Flip- Game Over (Explicit Album Version)
      4. Lil Scrappy-Oh Yeah
      5. Mc Nas D- Its My Cadillac
      6. Mike Jones-I Need A Dime (Explicit)
      7. Zion I Feat/Too Short-Dont Loose Your Head
      8. Ying Yang Twins- Drop
      9. Young Jeezy Feat/Manny Fresh- And then what

Just some...some are for competition some if your launching or loading and want to play something badass and dirty..enjoy

Comment

I want more speakers...lol

Comment

Holy crap I must be old, Never heard of any of those!!

I was going to say a BTO, ZZ Top and Van Halen
          Life is good...
          Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Scream by Avenged Sevenfold has good bass for an alternative rock song.

but for bass any rap song should do
            Common Sense is not so Common
            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

The original "test" song for stereo contests is from the movie Flashdance. The title track "Flashdance-What a Feeling" performed by Irene Cara.

This is going back to the old school on car audio competition hay day. Late 80's and early 90's

But still a good song to try out. It is not cool by any means but has a really low bass note and is something that you had to have a solid system to reproduce which is why it was used for so many years in competition.

Some good ones for highs and all around demo’s that I use. Is Michael Jackson “Billie Jean” and “ Don’t Stop till you Get Enough”. Pink Floyd “Money”. Rage Against the Machine “Know Your Enemy”.

Bass Test Music. Bass 305. Get the “Best of Bass 305” It has a ton of stuff. One thing about Bass 305 and stuff like DJ Magic Mike is many of the songs play very low, down into the 40HZ, 30HZ and 20HZ area. So if you subs are not up to par. They will show the weakness in the system. If you have the subs that can handle it. They will really shine. That is why you want to get the best of. As you can probably find a song that works well with your system.

Another reason why “Flashdance” was used. So all competitors used the same song and the judges could see what each system sounded like on the same song.

Now many of the spl contests use just a single test tone at a given frequency. The frequency used is the one that produces the highest spl on that system so each competitor knows what tone works best for them.

Tim
              Wet Sounds

Comment

Oh man, Tim busts out "Flashdance". I remember going to my first stereo comp to compete and they busted that out and I was like "WTF is this!?!?!?". LOL! It's true though, it has the full range in it.

Another CD to check out is Bass Mechanik, you can also use it to test out your system and see where the weak points are before the competition as it has a full sine sweep track on it as well as tracks starting at 20hz all the way to 100hz if I remember right.

Comment

Classic
                  MJ - Don't Stop Till You Get Enough

Rock
                  Def Leppard - Rocket

Alternative
                  Forever the Sickest Kids - My Worst Nightmare (has a good bass drop in the bridge)

The Cab - Take My Hand (remix with Cassaddee Pope)

Screaming Guitar
                  Eric Johnson - CLiffs of Dover

Comment

What a feeling......

Great, now I have that song stuck in me head. Thanks
                    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks for the input and the additional songs. i will check them out. i have a good selection of rap so the bass part is pretty much done.
                      btw i am running a 10" solo baric with a 1000 watt US AMP. and i have 3 pair of Focal 165 V1's run by a kicker 750 for my interior's the only thing missing is the NVS Entity tower speakers that got stolen.
                      but hopefully the new tower speaker set up will be available soon..... will let you all know when it arrives
                      thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X