Loose Pro 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose Pro 80's

On my pro 80's that I just had installed the top plate (@ 1"x 5") on the speaker was rather loose. I don't know if that was like that to begin with or from the trip down to the lake.

My question is should a person loc-tight those 2 bolts which hold that plate on??

Also should I be taking these speakers off before travelling on the highway??

Thank You
    Life is good...
    Happy Wife Happy Life

Originally posted by Dave K View Post
    On my pro 80's that I just had installed the top plate (@ 1"x 5") on the speaker was rather loose. I don't know if that was like that to begin with or from the trip down to the lake.

My question is should a person loc-tight those 2 bolts which hold that plate on??

Also should I be taking these speakers off before travelling on the highway??

Thank You
    Are they the new or old style clamps? Either way, the part that bolts to the speaker housing should be lock-tite'd. It's not a bad idea to pull them down, but that's not why they are loose, installer error
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril is right. I am sure the installer just did not double check them when they installed them. Take them off and put some loctite on them and you will be good to go. Since you have the Trick Connect clamps and they are so easy to remove. It is best to take them down for towing. It keeps them looking new longer anyway since there is less bugs hitting them as well. Plus it reminds you to check the bolts each time you are in the water since you put them back up.

Tim
      Wet Sounds

Comment

I talked to the installer today and he did confess not tightening those. Heres the bolts I am referring to as to if they should be loc tighted:

Life is good...
        Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

yes, go idea and add some loc tite while you are at it. You can also use some removable lock tite on the side bolts.

Tim
          Wet Sounds

Comment

Working...
          X