WS420 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS420 Question

Hello everyone. I am a long time reader, but don't post often. I am not a stereo expert so I am looking for advice.

I recently had our dealer install a WS420 in our boat. I really like it, but I have a question for everyone else that has one.

The 420 separates the boat speakers from our Wetsounds Pro 485. But when I turn down the volume for the pro 485, the sound goes away but there is still a significant amount of static noise coming from the speaker. Is this normal, or something that can be fixed?

Secondly,

I have noticed that some of the cabin boat speakers seem to not be working. The are not blown, they just seem to have no power to them. About half are working, half are not. Is this a simple wiring fix as well?

Thanks in advance.

If there is static or hiss. It is called gain hiss. They will need to re tune the WS-420 and your amps as your gains are not matched. You can download the set up guide off our site on the 420 page.

As for the in boat speakers. Those should not be affected from the WS-420 is they are all going off the same amp for in boats. Double check and make sure they do not have some running off a head unit? But if they have power but are much lower, sounds like a gain issue as well.

But a good run tuning should fix everything. Let me know how it works out and if you have any questions, give us a call 877-938-7757. Ask for Gyver in tech support.

Tim
    Wet Sounds

Comment

Tim,

The gain instructions solved the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X