clairion XMD2 remote not working while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clairion XMD2 remote not working while driving

01 21V Limited with factory stereo and remote. I have only one remote.
    Question does anyone know what would cause my remote not to work while the boat is under power. Sitting in the garage I can sit and run my stereo just fine with the remote by the drivers seat. Once I start it up running I can't seem to run the stereo. I don't even know where to start. I have unplugged the control wire thinking of some sort of corrosion but it looked good. Any suggestions would be great. This is getting frustrating.

Thanks in advanced..

Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Any thoughts?
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Bump
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Sorry, I missed this. There are two wired related to power on your stereo, one to the main power source and one to the ignition switch. I'd guess that the one to the ignition switch is not functioning properly. On mine, when I turn on my engine, my stereo turns off for a brief moment while I'm starting the boat and then turns back on again. I'd check your ignition switch and follow the in-line fuses from there. There should be two of them...it's possible one is blown.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
          Sorry, I missed this. There are two wired related to power on your stereo, one to the main power source and one to the ignition switch. I'd guess that the one to the ignition switch is not functioning properly. On mine, when I turn on my engine, my stereo turns off for a brief moment while I'm starting the boat and then turns back on again. I'd check your ignition switch and follow the in-line fuses from there. There should be two of them...it's possible one is blown.
          Dogbert
          I will give that a try. It's just weird that it works great when just sitting around on the lake or in the garage. But If I have it running I can't control the radio. I thought there was just one wire with a round plug going from my remote to my stereo.
          Thanks and I check it out.
          15 Escalade ESV-Black
          08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by samw View Post
            Dogbert
            I will give that a try. It's just weird that it works great when just sitting around on the lake or in the garage. But If I have it running I can't control the radio. I thought there was just one wire with a round plug going from my remote to my stereo.
            Thanks and I check it out.
            Does the radio work while you're driving?
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The radio does and we can control all functions with the radio. We just can't control the radio with the wired remote while moving. Once I shut the boat down. I can control it again. I have unplugged the the wired remote and didn't seem to make a difference. Strange.
              15 Escalade ESV-Black
              08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Has it always been like this?

Comment

I don't believe so, but can't really remember.
                  15 Escalade ESV-Black
                  08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X