Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contacting not so active members

Matt,

Last year for our reunion I PM'ed all the NC/SC members about it and got very little response as most are very inactive.

I know that, as a member, you can set your profile to not receive emails about threads you have posted, but can the same be done for the PM's. I know some just flat out had PM turned off, If so, they would not know they had a PM unless they logged in and hence the problem as they are inactive.

If they have the PM feature activated, would they automatically receive an Email unless the email address was no longer good?

I'm just wondering if there is anything else I can do to reach these members about our 08 reunion

Thanks.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Mike Buttsnbourbon,

My reply to you is that yes e-mail notifications can be turned off for PMs and Pm can also be turned off. You can view this in the User CP and under the Edit Options menu.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Matt,

Last year for our reunion I PM'ed all the NC/SC members about it and got very little response as most are very inactive.

I know that, as a member, you can set your profile to not receive emails about threads you have posted, but can the same be done for the PM's. I know some just flat out had PM turned off, If so, they would not know they had a PM unless they logged in and hence the problem as they are inactive.

If they have the PM feature activated, would they automatically receive an Email unless the email address was no longer good?

I'm just wondering if there is anything else I can do to reach these members about our 08 reunion

Thanks.
      Mike,

Its a number of reasons why members don't get contacted.
      1. PM's can be turned off.
      2. Incorrect email addresses
      3. PM e-mails look like "SPAM" to some mail servers so the emails automatically get trashed
      4. Some members login only once and never log back in, often forgetting there password or username.

Unfortunately there is no sure way of getting a hold of the members, the best thing to do in my opinion is to post here and inform your dealer.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks Matt,

I have a Master list of NC and SC tige owners, but many of the addresses are old, and any that bought used are not registered with Tige. This makes it a challenge to get the word out.

I have about 45 NC/SC owner on tigeowners.com in my buddy list, not a bad number IMO.

Thanks again Matt.

P.S. I will probably take at least another 50 tigeowners.com stickers for this years reunion. I'll get with you later on that.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Is that NC for Northern California and SC for Southern California? if not then IM NOT INTERESTED!!!!!!!!

Comment

hehehe chpthril

Comment

Originally posted by Juiceman831 View Post
              Is that NC for Northern California and SC for Southern California? if not then IM NOT INTERESTED!!!!!!!!
              Not sure how to take your question Yes, if those are the 51st and 52nd states But they're not, so dont worry, I'll leave you off the guest list for the 2nd annual North Carolina and South Carolina Tige Owners Day (you remember, we're part of the ORIGINAL 13 COLONIES)

Comment

...hmmmm...thats not so funny chpthril. Then again Im prob not either.

Comment

Working...
                X