Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Matt Garcia;109678]
    Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    tried to post and all I got wat the "Q" with a ? in the middle? what am I doing wrong???
    That is a .flv file and not a quick time file. Quicktime has the extension of .mov.

Comment

[QUOTE=Matt Garcia;109679]
      Originally posted by Matt Garcia

That is a .flv file and not a quick time file. Quicktime has the extension of .mov.
      I see what you're talking about now, how do I make this work of photo bucket. hmmmm.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Where is Zad at, he knows photo bucket pretty well. Is there a way to upload the file in the correct format, or si this what pb is going to convert it to?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Here is a test of a larger quicktime mov.

You tube is great, but quicktime gives you so much better quality. I believe matt set this up so that your move must be no larger than 480x360. The above mov is widescreen, 480x272. This is the same size I would load on my iphone/ipod.
          http://wake9.com/

Comment

Just an fyi, if you are uploading video to youtube.com DO NOT LET IT RESIZE THE VIDEO natively. Chances are your personal compression settings are better. Youtube resizes your videos to 320x240 flsh 7 video and 250kbps then blows it back up.

Here's a good article with software recommedations.
            http://www.squidoo.com/youtuberight/

I am going to play around to see what I can get out of using free tools for everyone to host youtube video and I'll write a tutorial. I hate the choppiness too.
            Last edited by spharis; 11-19-2007, 09:19 PM.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

the other option, is to build your own flv, and put it up on your own site or something, not on youtube.
              http://wake9.com/

Comment

Where is Zad at, he knows photo bucket pretty well. Is there a way to upload the file in the correct format, or si this what pb is going to convert it to?
                It appears that Photobucket is exporting whatever file format you upload to a .flv file. Thats just a guess though.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
                  It appears that Photobucket is exporting whatever file format you upload to a .flv file. Thats just a guess though.
                  I think photobucket keeps the same file type, im not sure though. But I dont have a .mov to test with.
                  Common Sense is not so Common
                  Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
                    Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                    I think photobucket keeps the same file type, im not sure though. But I dont have a .mov to test with.
                    Are we saying they left my PC as a flv file??? How can I tell what format they are in, under Properties/type of file: it just says Video Clip

Comment

Are we saying they left my PC as a flv file??? How can I tell what format they are in, under Properties/type of file: it just says Video Clip
                      Right mouse click the file and go to properties. It will tell you the file format in there.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                        Right mouse click the file and go to properties. It will tell you the file format in there.
                        Is it an AVI?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is it an AVI?
                          That should be an AVI.

Comment

Do this:

Start/Control Panel/File Options and uncheck the black circle on the View Tab

Then go back to the file and you will be able to see the extention for sure.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Is it an AVI?
                              No change to what it displays

Comment

Scrap that, it did change. It says AVI in the title after the # that my camera gave it

Comment

Working...
                                X