Posting pic help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting pic help

Trying to figure out how to post pics 1 at a time with a description above/below each pic?

Here is an example that Ragboy posted. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4685
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Click that link you posted and click "Quote".. When it takes you to the advanced posting mode you will be able to see how he did it. It shows the code for the pictures and the text in between. If you need more help let me know.
    If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Trying to figure out how to post pics 1 at a time with a description above/below each pic?

Here is an example that Ragboy posted. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4685
      He put them on from a different website, like photobucket, and used the URL image posting feature instead of the attatchment.

The Url version is that little box that looks like a postcard of a mountain. You insert the URL from photobucket or whatever. Then in the text box it shows you the URL and you can type above or below it.

See what im saying?
      Last edited by zad0030; 07-13-2007, 02:50 AM.
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by wakeboarder247 View Post
        Click that link you posted and click "Quote".. When it takes you to the advanced posting mode you will be able to see how he did it. It shows the code for the pictures and the text in between. If you need more help let me know.
        Ok, I see what you are talking about. All the pics start with www. bighead.net....... so, these IMG's are hosted/uploaded from somewhere other than his PC?

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
        He put them on from a different website, like photobucket, and used the URL image posting feature instead of the attatchment.

The Url version is that little box that looks like a postcard of a mountain. You insert the URL from photobucket or whatever. Then in the text box it shows you the URL and you can type above or below it.

See what im saying?
        Tell me more about PhotoBucket. Can I do this from my PC or will I have to upload them to a system like PhotoBucket?

Thanks guys
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I run/own a small software development firm and I have about 30 servers behind 2 gigabytes/second of fibre in Palo Alto. This gives me the freedom to instantly throw images on the web, and then use the image tool to point to images I have already put on the web. It doesn't work with attachments.

Basically, I am a big geek.

Photobucket works well, or you could get a free account from flickr.com, post images. Then view an image, right click on it, and copy the image location. Then you can paste in that link in the VBulletin edit tool on this board between the IMG tags.

bighead.net is my company, BigHead Technology. Its just where I have my main website, I also have many others up there.
          Last edited by ragboy; 07-13-2007, 03:05 AM.
          http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
            I run/own a small software development firm and I have about 30 servers behind 2 gigabytes/second of fibre in Palo Alto. This gives me the freedom to instantly throw images on the web, and then use the image tool to point to images I have already put on the web. It doesn't work with attachments.

Basically, I am a big geek.

Photobucket works well, or you could get a free account from flickr.com, post images. Then view an image, right click on it, and copy the image location. Then you can paste in that link in the VBulletin edit tool on this board between the IMG tags.

bighead.net is my company, BigHead Technology. Its just where I have my main website, I also have many others up there.
            So, basically I need to upload them to an outside source then link them to this site in the IMG tags and then i can put a description above or below the IMG?

Comment

Photobucket is just a website that hosts the pictures. So you would upload them to photobucket and then copy your pictures to your post.

Comment

So, basically I need to upload them to an outside source then link them to this site in the IMG tags and then i can put a description above or below the IMG?
                Right. Thats basically it.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                  Photobucket is just a website that hosts the pictures. So you would upload them to photobucket and then copy your pictures to your post.
                  Sounds easy enough, just hate to add one more step to the pic posting process

Comment

Yeah all for a few captions.

Comment

Yeah, but it also allows you to put images of just about any size, you are not limited by the attachment size limits.

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                        Yeah, but it also allows you to put images of just about any size, you are not limited by the attachment size limits.
                        Well, that actually sounds a little easier if you dont have to re-size first

Comment

Working...
                        X