Suggestion for Tige Actually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for Tige Actually

Ok, not a suggestions for the site, but one actually for Tige as a boat builder.

Training classes for dealer personnel!!! I cant count the number of "how do I use the switch" or "how do I use the battery charger" etc questions posted. WAY too many people spending way too much money, to be driving off the dealer's lot not knowing the basics of the machine they just inked a deal on!

A 15 to 30 minute internet video blog can cover an entire topic. Require dealer personnel to log in and take the classes. Offer incentives like swag or something. Now, I did not list service personnel but make no mistake, im not leaving them out. They should be learning how the systems work as well, as through the course of repairing, you have to know how something works.

How to use the switch
    Stereo
    battery charger
    Checking fluids, inspecting engine bay
    Manual and auto bilge pump operation
    When my boats peeing from the prop shaft, its not broken

Heck, take it a step further and have them accessible for owners!

Just a thought,
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Totally agree! It is amazing how after someone inks the deal they are left to "learn/teach" themselves how to use this now vessel. Some are new to inboards and many are first time boat owners. I have seen it many time iterated in this forum, witnessed it at the ramp and dock, and noted by their boatmanship. Even making the statement that the dealer just said push this and the wave will be incredible. I know a few dealers that go a long way after the sale to make sure the owner can handle the boat while unloading, underway, loading and putting it away.

Remember Tige, dealer support is the number one answer to the question what should I choose when looking for a new boat.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Hay Tige, are you working on this? Just went through switch operation and use with a new owner of a 2020 that did not know how to use the switch on a brand new boat.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Just got home from the lake and we literally helped 4 people with their brand new boats. Everything from trailering to switches to how to backing a v drive.

also towed a mastercraft back to the dock whose battery was dead.

boating in the springtime of Covid

Comment

When I took delivery of my new boat in fall of 2018, I got nothing for a walk through or how to operate my boat.......salesman wasn’t available either.....and when I took it back in spring of 2019 for the indmar high current alternator recall, the man salesman wasn’t available again and I got what I consider an apprentice salesman to sea trail the boat and he didn’t deserve to associated with Tige. He didn’t know which way the boat should list to produce a surf wave, he didn’t know which plate went down for surf left versus surf right and proceeded to tell all kinds of lies such that the ballast intake used the exact same through hull as the engine raw water....as in there was only 1 thru-hull for all 4 ballast pumps and engine raw water....by no surprise that he is no longer with that dealer. He was a member of the lucky sperm club... daddy was some kind of big shot at the factory. I’ll leave out his personal lifestyle choices he shared with me as if we were college frat brothers or something....I knew more about wake boats than he did.

Unfortunately With all the training n the world some people just won’t get it.....sometimes they work for the dealers and sometimes they are people buying the boat, but that’s no excuse for not providing a sea trial and 30min walk through of how to operate their boat!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try buying a plane! :-)

Comment

The training is not on Tige, it is on the dealership. Every customer that buys a Tige or ATX from us is going out on an orientation on their new boat to make sure they know how to operate every feature and component on the boat. That might take 30 minutes or 2 hours.

Comment

Things I’d like to see addressed that I noticed yesterday while summarizing the boat:

-seat cushions with 1/4” studs being held in place with 3/8” washers and 1/4” lock nuts. Get the right washers guys!

-access to dips sticks. Why do I have to fight a flip over seat and the entire floor just to check fluid levels. Why not make the rear step/doghouse removable? Attach it with a couple hand operated latches and your set. What good does shut off valves do on ballast pumps or raw water intakes if you can’t operate them in an emergency situation?

-BOATMATE: front tires on my triple axle trailer have rubbed on the tube on the bottom side of the fenders. Dealer tried to tell me my tow ball is too low. In order to make the fender gap the same across all three tires I would have to raise the tongue so high the jack bottoms out before I get the trailer detached. Then I noticed the trailer frame and fenders were not parallel. Raising the front of the fenders about an inch and drilling new mounting holes solved the problem. No tire rub and the frame is not pointed sky high.

We love our boat.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                  The training is not on Tige, it is on the dealership.
                  After about 20 years in a franchise dealer service dept, I agree and disagree.

Yes, the dealer principal has some responsibility to educate their people, Tige needs to encourage the dealers to get their people educated on the product. They are both at fault for ignorant staff.

In my past life, service personnel HAD to take certain training classes, or warranty reimbursement could be declined. However, sales staff had training available to them, but it did not prevent you from selling a car and getting their commission.

My point is, is that Tige should encourage the training, provide the training, and incentivize the dealers to get their people to do the trainings and incentivize the staff to do the training.

Its a win win, period.

10 to 12 key areas that may be a 20-30 minute video training? Is it that big of a deal?

Lee, you touched on my next biggest pet peeve, Some dealers take the time to do a sea trial orientation, while others just let the new buyer hook up and drag the boat away 10 minutes after it hits the dealer lot from the factory. You can spot these buyers a mile away when the post up with an issue, I dont blame them, its all on the dealer.

Comment

Techs should have learned all these things from my onsite class. I had over 80 techs here in December so we should have a lot more knowledge out there now. I plan on adding some technical training to our sales classes just to ensure salesman at dealerships are up to speed.

I like where you are going with the incentives for the customers. There is some online quiz's I could setup too. I will put some time into customer training. This past year has been the summer that never ended.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                      Techs should have learned all these things from my onsite class. I had over 80 techs here in December so we should have a lot more knowledge out there now. I plan on adding some technical training to our sales classes just to ensure salesman at dealerships are up to speed.

Maybe I could come to one........

Comment

Working...
                      X