Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outings Calender

I really do love this site.

Just an idea. If there was some sort of calender where you could mark down where you're going to be and when you'll be there it would be cool to see if you will happen to be in the same spot as other members. I know there is the event forum, but I go out and it's not really an event, just a weekend or day outing. Perhaps it could be localized so if I am heading out to Havasu for the weekend, I could look in the SW section, or something like that, and see if anyone else will be there that I'd make a point to meet up with.

I like this idea...I'd love to meet up with others on the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeTrojan View Post

Just an idea. If there was some sort of calender where you could mark down where you're going to be and when you'll be there it would be cool to see if you will happen to be in the same spot as other members. I know there is the event forum, but I go out and it's not really an event, just a weekend or day outing. Perhaps it could be localized so if I am heading out to Havasu for the weekend, I could look in the SW section, or something like that, and see if anyone else will be there that I'd make a point to meet up with.
      X2
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by TigeTrojan View Post

What about using the Calendar that is within the forums? http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/calendar.php

Not sure how many people would view it. It seems that most people post in the General Discussion category.

I am open to ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
          What about using the Calendar that is within the forums? http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/calendar.php

Not sure how many people would view it. It seems that most people post in the General Discussion category.

I am open to ideas.
          Matt - I just tried to post the Lake Mead reunion on that calendar for Sept 26th. It told me that I don't have authorization to make posts in that area. So, it seems that maybe only site admins/moderators have access to post there.

Oh - one other comment on that calendar, Matt. It looks like the day & date font color must be light gray on a light gray background, and I can't see squat for day & date.
          Last edited by dingleberry; 08-12-2009, 05:27 AM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Thanks Matt. I didn't even know that was there and can't figure out how to navigate to that other than using your link. That is pretty much what I was thinking about though.

Comment

Still can't figure it out, but once I do I will be happy to post something in the general discussions area letting others know it is there and suggesting that everyone put their trips in there unless they don't want to be bothered.

Comment

To find the Calendar:
                Look at the Post Reply Button at the top of the page. Then go to the row just above it that says "User CP", the fourth one to the right is the "Calendar" link.

But as mentioned above we cannot post event's on the calendar (I think you need to be an Admin).

Comment

Working...
                X